linsead oil on cladding - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > linsead oil on cladding

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 06-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
moldeck

linsead oil on cladding

I tried the linseed oil and paint thinner on the cladding over the weekend. Worked well. rained today and still looks good. Hope it lasts, but did not take long, so either way, easy to redo if it does not.

moldeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #2
jm8881
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldeck View Post
I tried the linseed oil and paint thinner on the cladding over the weekend. Worked well. rained today and still looks good. Hope it lasts, but did not take long, so either way, easy to redo if it does not.
Any pictures? I'm going to do something about my cladding sometime soon. I'm just contemplating paint vs resto vs some kind of rubber coating.
jm8881 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/m...newal-1511898/

Unread 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
moldeck

I did not take pictures, but it does look very good. I will try to report how well it holds up.
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
spur0701

I tried that a couple of years ago but after a couple of weeks there was a sticky residue on the cladding, it worse off after a few months and it was back to its faded appearance. In hindsight I might have had too much linseed in the mix but instead of trying it again I just painted all the cladding with duplicolor bumper paint, the look was more consistent and lasted longer.
spur0701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
moldeck

Still looking good and has been raining almost every day. It is not being drove much though.
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
a70eliminator

I saw advertising just today on TV for something called (renew) or something like that, it's sweeping the nation lol and yea probly liseed oil with perfume in it.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
moldeck

Well after about 6 weeks its starting to look a little crappy again. Not sure what to try next. I tried waxing it in a couple places today to see what that does. I did wash it and it helped the look. Just not sure on the linseed oil yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.