Limited leather going into laredo but no clue how - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Limited leather going into laredo but no clue how

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #31
power
1994 ZJ 

On a girlfriends WJ I swapped the broken manual with a power seat and did a quick wiring job. It was a heated seat with memory and a huge wiring harness unfortunately I just cut the harness out of the carpet in the junk yard when I pulled it. I figured her Jeep would have the harness under the carpet. My mistake, no harness.

To get her up and running. I bought one of those 20A fuse doubler things. I can't remember which fuse I used at the fuse block but i think it was unswitched and something that I didn't think would be on at the same time as she adjusted the seat. I found a pin out diagram for the harness. I figured which was the main power wire and ran it under the carpet to the fuse at the fuseblock and ran a ground from the seat harness to an existing ground point under the carpet.

It worked great. now if I ever go back to the junkyard I'll look for a wiring harness and switches/bezel for the heated seats.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.