Lifts kits. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lifts kits.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
JeepGurl87

Lifts kits.

Hi I have a 95 jeep grand cherokee Laredo and want to lift it. But I don't know what is cheaper a suspension lift or getting air shocks?

JeepGurl87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Air shocks are not made to lift the vehicle, they are made to increase the load carrying capacity. To lift it, you need an actual lift kit with at least coil spring spacers, if not new coil springs, along with new shocks for that lift height and possible new adjustable track bars depending how high you lift
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
JeepGurl87

I would like a 3inch but I need to find a place where it is cheap because I don't have that much money for all that.
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
jeepkid945
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGurl87 View Post
I would like a 3inch but I need to find a place where it is cheap because I don't have that much money for all that.
Shouldn't cheap out on a lift kit, save up and get it done right the first time.
jeepkid945 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Rushton623
1996 ZJ 

I got my 3.5 benchmark lift from ironrockoffroad and I love it! Affordable and good quality. I'll be upgrading soon to a long arm 7 inch lift.
Rushton623 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

if you try to go cheap, you will spend alot more down the road to fix all the problems you caused, not to mention possibly endangering yourself and others by building an unsafe rig.
Unread 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #7
JeepGurl87

I just don't want to pay 600 to 1000 dollar for one
Unread 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Do your research and see what is affordable for you. This isn't a cheap hobby and lifting any vehicle safely isn't cheap.
Unread 09-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

You CAN safely lift a vehicle on a budget. $500 can get you a decent and safe setup.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #10
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGurl87 View Post
I just don't want to pay 600 to 1000 dollar for one
Will you be doing the work yourself or does your budget include getting it installed?

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Go with the budget boost if you're lifting for the first time. It costs a lot for a properly set up lift kit. Go with a 2.25" BB with good quality shocks and adjustable track bars.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
JeepGurl87

My pops and his friends will be doing the work.
And where would I find that 2.25 bb at?
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
David97
1995 ZJ 

Four wheel customs has 2.25" BB Lifts on their site. Just as the spacers itself, or with shocks if you want.
http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=1210
David97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
JeepGurl87

Thank you so much
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

I'd go with the Rough Country basic lift. Good starter setup for the money.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.