Lifting Zj help - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lifting Zj help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #46
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Well, stay within your budget and go to 3.5. 33s are going to suck your gas like crazy.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #47
sharpie54
1995 ZJ 

I'm not to worried about gas. I have 3.73 gearing so a little better than normal gear ratio
sharpie54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #48
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie54 View Post
I'm not to worried about gas. I have 3.73 gearing so a little better than normal gear ratio
3:73 is normal for all v8's. 4.0 came with 3:55 unless the customer wanted 3:73's like with a tow package. We know what gears came with what. What did you think was normal gear ratio for the 5.2?

3:73's will be a dog with 33's. I know for a fact because I had that for a while.

When you lift it the axles get closer to the body and decrease the wheel base. 33's will rub the body without adjustable control arms to push the axles back near the stock position. You also need to have front and rear adj track bars to center the axles because they will get pushed out to the drivers side in the front and to the passenger side in the rear so they will be crooked.That causes problems in the front with sway bar end links and puts stress on the steering components. In the rear the endlinks will also be crooked and can hit the spring. It also wears out the control arms faster because they are effing crooked.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #49
sharpie54
1995 ZJ 

Well it's not going to be a race jeep. But I also don't want to be a rolling tank(not in the good way)
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #50
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie54 View Post
Well it's not going to be a race jeep. But I also don't want to be a rolling tank(not in the good way)
Just go ahead with your plan. I want to see the results. I think we have different opinions about ride quality and essential lift parts.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #51
sharpie54
1995 ZJ 

Just found out my front lower control arms are adjustable. Never noticed till now. What will they help with?

Tags
adjustable control arms , lift advice , track bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.