lift, tire, wheel question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > lift, tire, wheel question.

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdPoison Spyder JK LED Taillight Wiring HarnessZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 08-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Travis873o
1996 ZJ 

lift, tire, wheel question.

so i know there's some faq, but none directly answers my question.
i'm gettin a 4" lift for my zj.
planning on 32x11.5 r 15 on 15x10 rim w/ 3.75" of backspacing.
i also have an arb front bumper that doesnt fall down as low as stock allowing for slightly larger tires. can you think of any problems w/ this?

Travis873o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Why a 10" wide rim? An 8" rim would be better suited to a 11.5" wide tire.

Im running 31's on an RE 3.5" kit and had no problems with the ARB, even at full stuff.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
Travis873o
1996 ZJ 

10" rim cuz my friend is selling them to me for 140 for all 4. cragar simulation bead lock. black
Travis873o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

An 8" rim will hold a bead better than the 10", dont air down very much.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis873o View Post
so i know there's some faq, but none directly answers my question.
i'm gettin a 4" lift for my zj.
planning on 32x11.5 r 15 on 15x10 rim w/ 3.75" of backspacing.
i also have an arb front bumper that doesnt fall down as low as stock allowing for slightly larger tires. can you think of any problems w/ this?
I have a 5' lift , 10" wheels with 32's rub and not on the bumper side either , and that was on the shop floor . I test fitted a set b4 buying 8' wheels , I suggest you do the same . I figured it would take some MAJOR trimming to work
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.