lift..spacers...32's...? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > lift..spacers...32's...?

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 09-02-2002, 09:04 PM   #1
hmballa32

lift..spacers...32's...?

OK, Im glad to say i have finally got rid of my 98 dodge dakota 2x4 pickup and traded it for a 95 4x4 4.0 zj, but now on to the reason for the thread. Ok I will soon be purchasing the 3.5 RE super ride lift. The main thing i want to do is fit 32x11.5 tires under there and i heard 4" of lift is the minimum to acomplish this. So i was thinking the 3.5" lift plus 1/2 inch spacers would do the trick right? And i only want to go with 4" of lift because i heard after 4", you have to make a lot more mods for the lift to run smoothly. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance guys. later

Unread 09-03-2002, 08:14 PM   #2
crazycuban226

re:lift & tires

IM IN THE DEALINGS TO GET A ZJ 94 4X4 4.0 (JUST LIKE YOURS) NOW I WAS LOOKIN @ THE R.E. SUSPENSION THE SAME ONE THE 3.5" SUPER RIDE BUT I LOOKED AROUND & SAW THE SKYJACKER 3" FOR $200 LESS!!!! IS IT REALLY WORTH $200 TO GET ANOTHER .5" ????? WELL I WANTED 32" OR 33" BUT TO GET A LITTLE MORE TIRE I'M GETTING 15" RIMS LET ME KNOW HOW YOURS GOES & WHAT TIRES/RIMS YOU USE & WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO USE YOUR ZJ FOR MINE WILL BE A DAILY DRIVER SO I DONT CARE ALL THAT MUCH ABOUT FLEX JUST A FACTORY RIDE MINUS THE FACTORY LOOK ALSO LET ME KNOW WHAT ELSE YOUR PLANNIN TO PUT ON IT!
Unread 09-04-2002, 03:59 PM   #3
hmballa32

Well im not sure how much better RE is better then skyjacker, but iv'e heard that RE is the best lift you can get for the ZJ, and im probly going to get the hook up with wholesale from this kid's dad, so i dont need to worry too much about price, but as for getting 1/2 inch less, you can probly just add like a inch spacer to make up the difference, but im not quite sure how much spacers take away from the quality of the lift, thats kind of what im trying to find out, as for the other stuff im putting on the jeep, im not sure, i have a brush guard coming in the mail right now that i got off ebay for cheap. Yeah im mostly going to be using my jeep for a daily driver because im still a kid (17) and i kind of need it to get around, but i will be definitly doin some mild offroadin, later
Unread 09-04-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
JeepHippy

Daily Drivers

Although I dont recommend lifting ZJs for daily drivers there always are posers out there. just kidding. Anyway for daily drivers I would highly recommend the 3.5" super ride kit. You will be tight running 32's but as long as you dont flex all that much it shouldnt rub too badly. As far as skyjacker goes, they make great kits, just not for the ZJ. It is more of an actual 2.5" kit after all the sagging is done. Your money is better spent on and RE kit. Or for the least amount of money you should look at Teraflex, and their Budget Boost, you could run 2" BB with your stock shocks and 31" tires. Just a suggestion.

-Evan
JeepHippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2002, 11:17 PM   #5
crazycuban226

thank you

thank you both for replying i am starting to lean towards the R.E. kit myself and as for being a poser i have invested $20,000 in a yj just to see it break every week and not even be able to enjoy it not that i'm hating on them but i just need a break from that & i just wanna fix up my zj buy an atv for now and look into a mud-truck later on when i can afford it
Unread 09-29-2002, 07:29 PM   #6

stupid question, what kind of kit is RE and where can i find it? website please?

i should say, what does RE stand for?
16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2002, 10:58 PM   #7
moabster
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally posted by 16
stupid question, what kind of kit is RE and where can i find it? website please?

i should say, what does RE stand for?
Rubicon Express.

See them at http://www.rubiconexpress.com

We have the 4.5" lift on our YJ and love it.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.