lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > lift question

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
duramaxxx06
1998 ZJ 

lift question

what is the best bang for the buck weekend trail rider/mudder lift? i know RC stands for rough country but ive seen some other abbreviations and wandered what they were? I bought a np242 the other day and am gonna build it ant id like to have a lift to throw iin while it is apart and dunno what to buy. id like to go 4.5 inches and run 33 10.50s on a 15x8 wheel. thanks in advance guys

duramaxxx06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
jreyes0a39oz
1998 ZJ 

rancho
jreyes0a39oz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
duramaxxx06
1998 ZJ 

where is the best place to look for one? ive been looking around on ebay but only found rought country kits on there.
Unread 08-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #4
KingtheZJ
1998 ZJ 

it all depends on what you want it for and how much you want to spend. a good first setup is 3.5" on 31s. you dont have to regear to have nice road driveability and you will have a lot more capability over stock. next would be 4.5 with 33s and you would loose a lot of acceleration and mpg on the road w/o a regear. you also need all 8 control arms to be adjustable as opposed to only needed new lowers for 3.5

look around iron rock offroad. they make some of the best stuff. no matter what you get, make sure you get the iron rock offroad double shear front track bar. almost everything else is junk. ive gone though 3 track bar setups and i wish i would have gotten that from the start. stay away front track bar drop/raise brackets. they put too much stress on the stock mount and are prone to failure. buy the nicest shocks you can afford. bilsteins are the best
Unread 08-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #5
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

X2 on what king says.

I'm running IRO 4.5" long arm and 33x12.50's on 15x8's, see my thread for pics. Also have bilsteins, ride is great

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
duramaxxx06
1998 ZJ 

i think im gonna go with the IRO 5.5 inch lift they have. i think id like it for what i want. but ive picked up a new project jeep. 72 commando. been in the family since 73. and it needs lotsa love.
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #7
Cutlass
1994 ZJ 

if your goin for 5.5" gotta lot of work aheadof ya ;]
Built Not Bought #520
Cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramaxxx06
i think im gonna go with the IRO 5.5 inch lift they have. i think id like it for what i want. but ive picked up a new project jeep. 72 commando. been in the family since 73. and it needs lotsa love.
I got the 5.5" long arm with 4.5" coils. Very happy, something to consider

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
duramaxxx06
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
if your goin for 5.5" gotta lot of work aheadof ya ;]
i imagine i do. but it will be worth it. ive always wanted a lifted grand cherokee ever since we had our first one back when i was about 10. only took me 13 years to get one lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.