Lift question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lift question

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 05-11-2001, 04:02 AM   #1
airdough49

Lift question

I have a 93 grand cherokee 4x4 and want to put a little larger tires than the normal 31"-10.50 allowed by a 3" lift. I kind of want to put 32-11.50's or maybe 33's. Is this possible without doing major modifications such as a longer drive shaft, etc. I really only want to modify the suspension if possible.

airdough49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 10:24 PM   #2
The Grand Pooh-Bah
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

This is more complex then you might expect. Which lift are you considering? Not all 3" lifts give you 3" of lift. Some more some less. Then there is the settling. And what other mods you have like ARB bumper, winch, rock rails, trail gear, roof racks ect. Then the tires are not all sized equal. If you get a set of 32" BFG Muds and set them next to a 32" Super Swamper you are going to have one that is significantly taller.

Yes you can put 32" tires on some 3" lifts but you will have to do lots of trimming. (Nothing that a good grinder, sawzall and a hammer won't cure.)

You won't have to deal with driveshafts with a 3" lift.

I would recommend Teraflex, Rubicon Express and Skyjacker. They are all good kits and stand behind their equipment. Teraflex probably has the best street ride and easiest disconnects.

For more info and sources go to www.nagca.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.