Is that a lift kit or are you just happy to see me? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Is that a lift kit or are you just happy to see me?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-10-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
ZJ_COWBOY
1994 ZJ 

Is that a lift kit or are you just happy to see me?

Well, I have a 93 zj and im wanteng to put a 3" or 3.5" Lift on it. My friend said to go with the Ranchero RSX kit. Not it nice and all but im wondering if there are any that you guys had great experence with. Im looking for something thats not to rough becaus it is my daily driver but smething that is capible. Im not going just for looks here.

ZJ_COWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Okay,

check out the pictures thread at the top of the first page. Then, check out the pics at www.nagca.com under grand photos, over 470 pics.

I wouldn't go with Rancho or Procomp. Take a look at Rustysoffroad.com and kevinsoffroad.com for ZJ lifts. Good stuff there. Take a look at www.rubiconexpress.com also. www.tomken.com also makes a lift and I haven't heard from them in a longgggg time.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 09:17 PM   #3
zjjeeper

Go with the rubicon Express kit..

The Rancho AND the Skyjacker kits are NOT a full 3", they are actually only about 2.5" or so, AND because the control arms are boxed and have urethane bushings, they place alot of stress on the factory brackets.

I you are not going to well it very much and want a nice cushy ride, get the RE 3.5" Superride kit, it uses factory rubber bushings in the all the arms and is a great kit.

If you want something with a little more articulation, get the RE 3.5" Superflex kit, it comes with swaybar disconnects (not very good discos though, definitely upgrade to the JKS style) The arms in the superflex kit have a spherical bearing assembly in one side that allows the arms to twist, freeing up alot of suspension articulation.

If you want to go higher than that, you can get the Rubicon express 4.5" kit, which comes with 8 arms, front trackbar, all the fixins, just depends on how big you want to go.

For a GREAT all around kit, I would go with the RE 3.5" superflex kit, JKS disconnects, Adjustable front trackbar, then put on a nice set of shocks and you are set for about anything you want

Rumor has it that there is a guy around that can get you a great deal on Rubicon express lifts.. P/M me for details
zjjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.