Lift Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lift Kit

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 03-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
Sledrboy925
1997 ZJ 

Lift Kit

Hey guys im new to this, Im looking to do a lift on my truck preferably a 6" lift. What do i need and what kits do you recommend ?

PS- I know i need springs, shocks and brake line extensions and a steering stabilizer. The drive line is where I don't know what i need in terms of drive shaft and so on. also do i need to change any of my control arms?

Thanks alot

Sledrboy925 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Covered VERY extensively once a week. Search the ZJ section for this topic and you'll have more than enough threads pop up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Google works better. ZJ lift or something similar.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
inkspot88
1993 ZJ 

These are not "trucks", they be jeeps my friend. Out in full size world 6 in. May be standard but when it comes to these 4.5" is what I would go before long arms. I don't think I've seen a "kit" that is 6". Iron rock offroad has a 5.5" long arm kit but does not include all 8 arms which you will need. It is only LA up front. And as far as driveshafts ect. Just get customs because wouldn't run even a 33 on the stock axles these things have. Maybe the front but def not the rear. So def new axles and gears to go with that lift.
inkspot88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot88 View Post
These are not "trucks", they be jeeps my friend. Out in full size world 6 in. May be standard but when it comes to these 4.5" is what I would go before long arms. I don't think I've seen a "kit" that is 6". Iron rock offroad has a 5.5" long arm kit but does not include all 8 arms which you will need. It is only LA up front. And as far as driveshafts ect. Just get customs because wouldn't run even a 33 on the stock axles these things have. Maybe the front but def not the rear. So def new axles and gears to go with that lift.
OP: Everything in the quoted post, ignore.

Seriously, stop giving poor advice.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #6
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkspot88 View Post
I would say that this is largely incorrect. The D35c isn't ideal but you can run 33's if you are careful and not locked. The 96+ D44a can handle 33's easily especially if it's trussed.

You should decide on what size tire you want to run then pick a lift height. Also decide on if you want to trim the fenders to fit larger tires or not.
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/templ...%20Lift%20Kits
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Covered VERY extensively once a week. Search the ZJ section for this topic and you'll have more than enough threads pop up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I would say that this is largely incorrect. The D35c isn't ideal but you can run 33's if you are careful and not locked. The 96+ D44a can handle 33's easily especially if it's trussed.

You should decide on what size tire you want to run then pick a lift height. Also decide on if you want to trim the fenders to fit larger tires or not.
I 2nd these gentlemen.

Im at 6" check my build to see all thats been done to go to that height.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #8
inkspot88
1993 ZJ 

Ok so let me explain where I am coming from since I clearly came off very wrong and I have had quite a few beers and you are right whiteout I have given bad advice and shouldn't be giving it inebriated. Since the qord "truck" was used I revert to full sizes. 6" and full size generally immediately means 35s. Even for pavement princesses. I see it almost weekly from every new soldier who wants a truck and heads down to 4wheelparts. And polka you are a d44a does handle 33s. Would I? Nah ill opt for a d44. And a 35c with 33s carefully? Who wants that!? I guess people do. I prefer not fixing it on the trail as I have seen d35s give way. I should have asked what he plans on doing with the jeep before I misspoke. So please do ignore all I posted before as these fellas have corrected me. I will retain one thing though and this may just be a personal opinion but 4in. With spacers to equal roughly 6", which is what I experienced in a buddies rode horribly.
inkspot88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
grand cherokee , lift , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.