Laredo-Limited Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Laredo-Limited Swap

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
ryanwj09
2000 WJ 

Laredo-Limited Swap

i was just curious about a couple things, i think i MAY have found a jeep, its a 02 laredo model, i was thinking about switching everything over to make it look like a limited model, does anyone know any places to find the side moldings from a limited model or can the laredo moldings be painted to match the rest of the body?? theres a few pic a part junk yards in my area and i thought about combing around to see if i could find any

the other question i had was about mileage on a wj, i found one that im going to look at early in the morning, its a 2002 laredo I6 with 155,000 miles, hes only asking 2500 for it cause it needs tires and alignment done, plus theyre moving across country friday and dont have time to really let it sit for a higher price, i still have tires sitting in my garage from when i had my last wj, and a friend can cut me a really good deal on alignment, i stopped and looked at the jeep earlier but didnt get a chance to drive it cause he wasnt home and he had the key but his wife let me check out the inside and its damn near immaculate and the body appears to be in really good shape with the exception of a couple minor scratches, so anyways my question was would it be worth it to buy because of the mileage, when i had mine i bought it with around 70,000 and ran it till about 140,000 and didnt have any major problems except for a water pump, couple tie rods, and the front driveshaft, but i didnt know what to expect past that

appreciate anything anyone could tell me

worst case scenario i could always keep it running right till spring and have a new motor and tranny thrown in or something

ryanwj09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
ryanwj09
2000 WJ 

i forgot...he originally was asking 3000 for it and said it was negotiable and i said what about 2500 and he said if i was serious hed take it
ryanwj09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

well you have wheels and tires for it, alighnments usually run about 50 for a two wheel (which is what your jeep will need) the 4.0's are built very well, there isnt really a reason it shouldnt see over 200,000 miles. my ex girlfriend had a tj she beat the crap out of, never had the oil changed until she met me, i changed it, it came out litterally like a sludge. did an amsoil treatment, and a powerfoam, at 175,000 with ZERO maintnence, it still runs like a charm.
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.