(lack of) Oil Problem with my 5.9 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > (lack of) Oil Problem with my 5.9

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-07-2009, 04:39 PM   #16
CULate
1930 J-Series Truck 

DO NOT FLUSH THAT ENGINE WITH ANYTHING BUT REGULAR MOTOR OIL. Using a flush could wash your bearings then you will have noises, & not good ones.

CULate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 07:30 PM   #17
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

A flush won't trash the bearings if used properly, ie. engine not run above idle and only run for a few minutes. Personally, I would rather the ATF method mentioned previously, as that or any other very good detergent oil will clean it out plenty well.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
crazymjb
1998 ZJ 

May give the flush a try after I replace the gasket. I ordered the stuff today. Is it safe to drive the car if I keep adding oil to it? I very much rely on it for my transportation.

Mike
crazymjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #19
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

Yep, just watch the oil level.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.