KOR Radiator Support won't fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > KOR Radiator Support won't fit?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 09-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
zRoxxah
1996 ZJ 

KOR Radiator Support won't fit?

So I'm trying to install this piece, it seemed very easy except it doesn't seem wide enough. Literally off my a mm. I tried forcing it by torqueing the bolts and trying to jack the support into place but no luck. And I don't want to break anything.

I'm guessing this isn't normal?

KOR also forgot to ship my D-Ring shackles too, I'm hoping that's not normal either as this was my 1st purchase from them...

Unread 09-19-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Posts like these always make me wonder why you didn't call the vendor before posting in a forum. Call KOR and resolve the issue with them. No one here can help you.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

It might actually fit, but it maybe be tight. I had to work with one for a good 30 minutes before as it was so tight. Both sides have to go up at the exact same time or else it won't work.

I would call them about it, but i'm guessing like any company they'll tell you it's the right size and that you should try it again. Do check about your shackles though.
Good luck!

Edit: They may ask for pictures as well for verification, so I'd snap a few maybe measuring the supports length. Might help.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
EBrunson
1996 ZJ 

I installed one on my '96 ZJ earlier this year. It will fit with some not so gentle persuasion.
EBrunson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

They are supposed to be tight, but having purchased one that really didn't fit, customer service was awesome and they helped me out a lot. give them a call or shoot an email to them. They will definitely try and help how they can. Let them know that no D-rings were shiipped.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
zRoxxah
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
It might actually fit, but it maybe be tight. I had to work with one for a good 30 minutes before as it was so tight. Both sides have to go up at the exact same time or else it won't work.

I would call them about it, but i'm guessing like any company they'll tell you it's the right size and that you should try it again. Do check about your shackles though.
Good luck!

Edit: They may ask for pictures as well for verification, so I'd snap a few maybe measuring the supports length. Might help.
Just the answer I was looking for. I didn't know whether the part should slip on w/ ease or is super snug like in my case; I didn't want to waste my time. Now that I know it's pretty snug I'll try hammering it on or using a different approach.

Thanks!

P.S. I always loved your buddy icon
Unread 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

use a jack, the one that actually fit on mine raised the front end about 4 inches before it slid into place.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.