Killed the gremlin... Now thinking of a lift. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Killed the gremlin... Now thinking of a lift.

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
carrasaurus
1996 ZJ 

Killed the gremlin... Now thinking of a lift.

After months of chasing my tail I purchased a new BCM from eBay and the parasitic draw is gone. The part number is different, but I haven't noticed any issues - it actually seems to be running a little smoother as far as idle and acceleration.

So I looked again at the lift/tire size chart in the FAQ. It says 33s will fit on a 3.5" lift. Will 33s on a 3.5" require trimming?

Also - Iron Rock says their foundation series kit includes everything but I've noticed threads talking about adding a adjustable arm. Can anyone clarify? I emailed Iron Rock general email this week but did not receive a reply.

Lastly a quick shout out to Deejay Zeejay, Zeejay97, Coralman, and KoreaZJ and all the others who helped guide me in hunting down the gremlin. It was quite the learning experience.

carrasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

33s won't fit on a 3.5" lift without cutting sheetmetal and new rims with proper backspacing.

I assume you are looking at a kit with all 4 coils, 2 trackbars, sway bar links and shocks. Then it would be close to a complete lift. You'll probably want adjustable control arms and will probably NEED them if you want to run 33s.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.