Keyless Entry Remote Control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Keyless Entry Remote Control

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 06-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #1
cynthiaj

Keyless Entry Remote Control

The dealer gave me a new remote today for free but no one was available to program it. Does anyone know how to do this or does anyone know how I can find the instructions to do this without going back to the dealer?

cynthiaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2003, 10:16 PM   #2
xXHotelCrazyXx

Ok, heres how to program.

1) Leave all the doors unlocked except the front driverside door.
2) Press and aim the lock button to your remote sensor for 5 seconds and that should do it (you should hear all the doors lock and the keyless entry should activate

let me know if it works
1994 Grand Cherokee Ltd V8, Rustys 4.5 lift, Daystar 2" Spacers up front, Rustys Intake, Rustys Adjustable LCA's, 31x10.5 BFG MT's, AR 767's, 3" Carsound Cat, 3" Pipe, Flowmaster 50 Series, Mike Leach Headers, Clear corners, Billet grille, 5% tint, Front and rear Trailready Bumpers, Cowl hood www.cardomain.com/id/xxhotelcrazyxx
xXHotelCrazyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #3
KillerZJ

How will they give you one for free? My ZJ has the keyless as an option, but we bought it used w/ no remote. If I show them an old one from another ZJ will they replace it for free and program it?

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #4
automan25

We'd all like to know how you got something for free from a dealer. I'm surprised they don't charge you for the oxygen you breath when you walk into their store.
Unread 06-25-2003, 11:52 PM   #5
miked315

Quote:
Originally posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Ok, heres how to program.

1) Leave all the doors unlocked except the front driverside door.
2) Press and aim the lock button to your remote sensor for 5 seconds and that should do it (you should hear all the doors lock and the keyless entry should activate

let me know if it works
What sensor are you referring to? The keyless entry is radio frequency, not infrared as far as I can tell. The key fob does not have any kind of transmitter exposed. Don't they use IR in europe? I bought my Jeep used, and it came with 2 keyless entry fobs, but 1 wouldn't work, it was obviously not originally from my Jeep. So I took it to the dealer and they programmed it for me (i think it ran me 60 bucks! no freebies..bastards). They had to hook up their fancy computer to the port under the dash and program them both at the same time. I'm just saying my experience..I did not know of any other way to do it...so I guess it's worth a try. Mine's a 98, btw.
-Mike
miked315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 06:17 AM   #6
xXHotelCrazyXx

Well i dont know but check right above your head when ur sitting in the driver seat, i dont know if the 98's have the sensor there but there should be a little black dome right there and aim it at that
1994 Grand Cherokee Ltd V8, Rustys 4.5 lift, Daystar 2" Spacers up front, Rustys Intake, Rustys Adjustable LCA's, 31x10.5 BFG MT's, AR 767's, 3" Carsound Cat, 3" Pipe, Flowmaster 50 Series, Mike Leach Headers, Clear corners, Billet grille, 5% tint, Front and rear Trailready Bumpers, Cowl hood www.cardomain.com/id/xxhotelcrazyxx
xXHotelCrazyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 12:14 PM   #7
MaineZJ

My 93 ZJ has a keyless entry that is infared. Kinda old and used but still works. Might try to buy a new one- if so I'll write how it works out.l
MaineZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2003, 05:10 PM   #8
cynthiaj

Hey automan25,

I got the remote free believe it or not! I just walked in to a Jeep dealer and asked them if they had any extra's laying around. Of course I did it with a big smile. The salesman just handed me one and said here take a few of my cards and pass them out for me and with that same big smile I left the dealership.

I'm gonna go try the programming now, I will write to let you know if it works.
Unread 06-26-2003, 05:24 PM   #9
cynthiaj

Well the programming of my free keyless remote was a no go. I guess since I got the remote for free, I could pay to have it programmed, but I will try the big smile first of course.

My GJ is a 2000!

Thanks for all of your feedback, it's nice to know that I can get some advice out here in cyberland.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.