Kevin's Off Road - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
CrawfishStu
1995 ZJ 

Kevin's Off Road

So, for a week I have been trying to deal with Kevins off road. I was originally going to order a OME SS from him. I found a couple of better prices so I asked him if he would match it. He agreed to match the price for me and I was like.....hell I'll go ahead and order all of the items I want from him now instead of over time. So I send another email on Wed. last week with about a $600 order. I get a quote back on Monday that is missing shipping for most of the items and has a higher price for one item than what is on the web page. In addition, the price match I was getting on the OME SS is gone and I'm paying full price. So I figure I want my stuff and 15 bucks isn't going to kill me so I'll just order. I call in because I want to pay with a bank card that is not the one I have for paypal. I leave a message. I get a call back and the lady...although nice....was kind of useless. I said I have a quote that doesn't have shipping for everything. She says....ohhhh. I say that I put everything in a cart and went through check out on the web and it gave me a total with shipping of x amount. She says ok...let me get your card info. I start giving her the info and when I get to the shipping part of the show, I say....I'm to understand that the price for shipping is cheaper if I send it to my business address. She says....ohhh. I say so what is my total for all of these items with shipping to a business. And she can't tell me. Can't complete my order. Will have to get back to me tomorrow. Putting my order that I wanted to place almost a week behind schedule. I'm getting frustrated. I tried to order my BB kit from him and the price just wasn't right. I tried to order my shocks and the price was ok but the turn around was terrible. Summit racing had them at my office the next moring for about the same price. I'm just at a loss.

I hear good things about them and I really want his stuff. But I'm kind of at a point where I'm ready to order from someone else just for spite.

95ZJ, V-8, 231, HP30.LockRight, D44A.Aussie, 8" Rusty's LA, 35x12.5 MTZs, Custom Sliders, Rusty's TC Skid, ARB Front Bumper, Tomken Rear Bumper, Phat Jeeps Steering, + More.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:29 PM
RyanZJ

1998 ZJ 

That sucks man. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and I've never had a problem; always found their service to be top notch actually.

I'm sure if you call back and ask to talk to Kevin he'll work everything out with you.

Ryan
'98 ZJ V8 Limited
'06 WK V8 Laredo
'51 CJ-3A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Yeah when ever I talk to Kevin I have been happy...the other woman that answers the phone hasn't been much help to me at all.

'04 WJ, 6" Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 35" BFG MT KM2's, 4.56 gears, & D44a locked
'14 WK2 Limited w/5.7L, ORAI, & Tow Package

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-
-

post #4 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:40 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I don't see buying from Kevin as painless as it is from a big company but he has put together some good kits. He doesn't have a flawless website so I am just patient and understand that I am supporting a person and not a large corporation. If you are really frustrated and want the same stuff you can just talk to kolak as he sells the same stuff...

-
-

post #5 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
CrawfishStu
1995 ZJ 

I think part of it is that Kevin's not there.
I got Steve who just called me back and after haggling our way through the double shipping on the retainers we were on our way to check out. The comes the shipping address. Now all over Kevin's website you see the deal he make about shipping to a residence being more. Well...I'm shipping to a business. So I ask Steve what is the price difference. He can't tell me. So are you charging me for shipping to a residence or a business. He doesn't know. But he is willing to take my CC info and charge me. It just doesn't put a ton of confidence that things are being ran well on that end. No one knows what's going on but Kevin....who's not there. I mean....I'm ordering a lot of parts that are just kind of neat. I could get by with just the OME SS....but here I am willing to spend the money to do it right and I get this heat.

95ZJ, V-8, 231, HP30.LockRight, D44A.Aussie, 8" Rusty's LA, 35x12.5 MTZs, Custom Sliders, Rusty's TC Skid, ARB Front Bumper, Tomken Rear Bumper, Phat Jeeps Steering, + More.
post #6 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
CrawfishStu
1995 ZJ 

I want to support Kevin. I did however email my list to Kolak this am. I'm an office manager and property manager.....I think Kevin should just go ahead and hire me.

post #7 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
table

2015 JK Wrangler 

so where is Kevin? I ordered a TC skid from him several months ago, no problems whatsoever.

2015 Anvil JKU | Sahara | Manual | 3.73
RIP: 2000 WJ | Initiated Destruct Sequence One | Code: 11A
post #8 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
CrawfishStu
1995 ZJ 

Hey everyone gets to go on vacation. It's the joy of having your own business. I don't fault him for that. But....he should have a reliable second in command.

post #9 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 03:09 PM
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I don't think he is on vacation, or at least he wasn't this morning...Got an email from him this morning.

-
-

post #10 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 PM
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I'm still waiting for an email from Kev as of yet, but hey...Willa and Cassie do the best they can to get everybody taken care of. The couple times I've called in, Willa has sent me straight to Kevin. She does the best she can, but some things, she just can't answer.

Kevin and Nick also work very closely together - Nick is my second choice for stuff - Kevin's treated me so great, I haven't had to call Nick, but I've had great response from him on the forum, so I'm happy to say that I'd buy from him in a heartbeat.

Botom line, give Kev some time. He's working with a lot of peeps, and he'll definitely take care of you right

Kevin's rocks!

Jim Karlin
"How the heck do you get there?"
"Duh! Big RED Jeep!!!"

Best customer service in the states:

or

96 ZJ Laredo
5" lift, Claytons, KOR radiator support, rear bumper, steering brace, etc, etc, etc.

04 WJ Overland
Clean.... :D
post #11 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Airborne Lee

2013 JK Wrangler 

I see Kola has a web site now. Although it is not actually doing anything yet. I think that it is a promising sign. MORE WJ stuff. YEA!

As for Kevin. Dito on the other support help. As a small business owner I totally understand his situation. But I will say he needs to have help that is empowered to make decisions and satisfy in the spot. You should not always have to speak to the owner to get what you need. This was my experiance as well. I hope he learns this lesson before he gets tooooooo strung out and starts loosing business. Plus he needs to be doing things like updating instructions. (WJ BB).

Go kevin go! After all I just stuck his white letter ad on my back window... HA.

'16 JKU Rubicon, Tan, RR Front Bumper, 9500i, Atlas Rear w/Tire Carrier M416 Trailer
post #12 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 07:46 PM
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

This web site?

http://www.kolak.co.uk/

2013 FR-S
post #13 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Airborne Lee

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere
This web site?

http://www.kolak.co.uk/

VERY funny...

NO this one:

http://www.kolakperformance.com/servlet/StoreFront

I think it is his? Not sure.

'16 JKU Rubicon, Tan, RR Front Bumper, 9500i, Atlas Rear w/Tire Carrier M416 Trailer
post #14 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 07:51 PM
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Lee
VERY funny...

NO this one:

http://www.kolakperformance.com/servlet/StoreFront

I think it is his? Not sure.

Yep looks like his!

2013 FR-S
post #15 of 47 Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 PM
coonash

I talked to the same lady when I was trying to order my sliderz. She had Kevin call me back the same day. Had my sliderz about 4 days latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.