Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

kennasaw winch bumper with westin brush guard

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  10achik 
#1 ·
now with to much time and a steady hand in the microsoft paint program i managed to upload my westin brush guard onto a kennasaw WJ winch bumper. now this is what i plan on doing. cutting my westin in half and welding it to the bumper since i think KMA brush guard is ugly. tell me what you think.

See less See more
#3 ·
It looks pretty good, but I think thats going to be a lot of work. I don't really see a lot of difference between your brushguard and the KMA one other than one bar across the middle and the bars over the headlights. Why not try contacting KMA and seeing if they can incorporate the headlight bars and whatever else you like about the westin?

edit: just noticed the little section on your bg that wraps around the headlights. IMO, that would make the KMA guard look a lot better.

#4 ·
Looks good but it also looks like you are going to lose use of you d-ring mounts.

#5 ·
While I agree with you that the WJ brush guard from them is ugly as sin, I think the XJ brush guard on the WJ bumper looks pretty good, more like an ARB IMO. I didn't like the WJ one either so I asked them to add a the XJ one and they had no problem doing it. I will also add that it works very well...

Attachments

#6 ·
I like how that looks combining them. But it is going to be a a lot off fabricating

#7 ·
Blah Blah Blah.... Looks bad a** DO IT!!!

#8 ·
the fab work wouldnt be that hard. i know in the picture i have it where the D rings would be but i would actually cut it higher and mount it to where the original guard is mounted for KMA. but i cant seem to find a picture of a WJ's side profile with this winch bumper on it. they all seem to be frontal pictures. someone sent me to this website...http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiWJ.html...and all the pics look good except the last one. that wj has to have the uglyest setup. that bumper looks like its 3 feet sticking out. you could feed cows with that bumper. is there anyway to get a winch bumper and have it look good.

#9 ·
The 2nd one on that site would be mine.:D

#14 ·
That would look good, but having the extra protection on the sides has helped me out several times on tight trails. I've been in many places where I might need to use the bumper to push a sapling or something out of the way, not damage the tree mind you, but to help it slide by without damaging the headlights. honestly though, it wouldn't be that big a deal if I scratched the headlights anyway :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.