KC lights and sun roof! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > KC lights and sun roof!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 07-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
K10roc

KC lights and sun roof!

One of the modifications i have lined up is some KC lights for my roof rack on my Jeep Grand cherokee.
I dremiled out the stops so i could move the rack all the way forward but when i did this the sound was NUTS with the sunroof open... so... i moved it back. my question is if i put some KC lights on the rack will the noise be insane? anyone done this before?

2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
K10roc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Juice_Man
2004 WJ 

i dont have kc lights on my roof but i have some rectangular ones maybe 2"x6" and their pretty damn noisey with the sunroof open, but nothing loud music cant filter out haha but on a good note, they direct alot of wind inside and it feels great!
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
K10roc

do you have any pictures of what the rectangluar ones look like? i was thinking of going that route
2000 Jeep grand WJ limited, 245/75/16, Thrust 2 chamber muffler, 2in bb, rough country shocks, slotted and drilled rotors, Torqflo trans cooler, powder coated calipers, custom made CAI, K&N cone filter, ported and polished throttle body, Chip, Torqflo trans cooler, 6000k HID, PIAA fog, lots of powder coating and blacked out parts
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Juice_Man
2004 WJ 

here ya go

Unread 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #5
K10roc

ahh that is awesome!!!! i love it! what kind of lights are those, it is so clean!!!!
Unread 07-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

that looks great , how did you run your wires ?
cloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
Juice_Man
2004 WJ 

thank you! that was right after i had it detailed, i have put kc daylighters on my brush guard since that picture. the wiring i didnt really want to drill a hole on my roof so i unbolted the front parts of the rails and slid them under there and there are plastic covers going to the windshield to go under as well then i ran them underneath the windshield trim. i got them at pep boys i think they were $20/pr 55w. they have a wide spread beam doesnt light up to far but you can see everything around you, and cant complain really for that price haha i got 4 for $40 so im happy
Unread 07-28-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
vansskaterfreek
1998 ZJ 

here are mine on my zj.... they are directly over the sunroof and get pretty annoying with the sunroof open...i will move them forward soon to see how they are, as they sit right now, with them on riding a trail, i must close the sunroof because it somewhat shines into the jeep blinding me....

Unread 07-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
nelson1248
2002 WJ 

here is mine i have them behind the sunroof not too noisy but they do make some noise!

man the breeze they bring in is awesome and crank up your stereo and you wont even hear the noise and the breeze, like i said is AWESOME!!!!
Unread 07-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson1248 View Post

here is mine i have them behind the sunroof not too noisy but they do make some noise!

man the breeze they bring in is awesome and crank up your stereo and you wont even hear the noise and the breeze, like i said is AWESOME!!!!
are those KC and which ones?
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.