k&n fipk = :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > k&n fipk = :)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 08-24-2003, 04:29 PM   #1
mikkjroverland

k&n fipk = :)

all i have to say about this mod is it was money well spent. just for the sound difference alone. pluse i have noticed some more power on the highway and also around town. i cant believe how loud it is. i will be at badlands in indiana this fri, sat seeing how it works off road.

[COLOR=navy]fully loaded, and then some. it does everyting but wipe your @ss. [/COLOR] K&N FIPK,
Borla Cat-Back, Yakima Load Warrior custom lo profile mount, JL audio stealthbox and amp.
Old man Emu HD springs lift, OME SS,
OME shocks, 265/65/17 Bridgestone revo's
1"Rear/1.5"Front spacers=~3"lift
mikkjroverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2003, 04:37 PM   #2
spichman510

that will probably be my first upgrade (im still accepting donations for the lift my jeep fund) i hear good things

-'98 5.9 Grand Cherokee-[/B]
spichman510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2003, 07:23 PM   #3
demtjcj

great mod i have it as well. i love it. have it for my wrangler as well. it is definatly money well spent

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2003, 08:08 PM   #4
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

The only time I dont like my cold air intake is when I am in water..
Mines to low.. OF course its not a K&N .. I have to take mine off when I go mudding..
Unread 08-24-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
jplush76

how much are they? Are they easy to install or do you need them professionally put on?

Also do they affect gas milage up or down?

thanks
jplush76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2003, 11:28 PM   #6
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

How much? Depends on the Name.. Keep in mind that any name brand you buy .You can still use the K&N filter..(thats the most important part..) I personally have a homemade one that didnt cost me anything other than the purchase of the filter..(Thats a little steep but well worth it..)
Easy to install?
Even if you buy the Fipk. It is very easy to install..
Gas Mileage?
Yes they do.. Moderately ..BUt its a big performance boost..
I only gained about 1 mile per gallon. But I bet I gained at least 10 or so horsepower.. Incredible considering it was a piece of electrical conduit( 2 1/2" ) and a K&N filter No problem.
By the way the entire FIpk Kit is about $250 .
I could tell you how to make it for much less.. But you wont have a splash shield.. (Unless you cut your factory box.)
I think the 2 1/2" conduit about 2feet long with a 35% bend
would have been $3.50 or so.. Up to you.. There are lots of ways to do it..
God I ramble...........
Unread 08-25-2003, 09:16 AM   #7
jplush76

that one mile per gallon extra sounds pretty good, extra 850 miles per year.
jplush76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2003, 03:35 PM   #8
mikkjroverland

yes its all worth it, the extra 1mpg is no big deal. but the sound, wow. after i put it on and took it for a nice little test drive, the first time i stepped on the gas, i was like HOLY *****. the sound that came out of my GC was like, well perfect. and it looks really cool. and it is very easy to install. www.performanceintl.com has the best price i found and free shipping. look at www.wjjeeps.com to see pictures of it installed.
[COLOR=navy]fully loaded, and then some. it does everyting but wipe your @ss. [/COLOR] K&N FIPK,
Borla Cat-Back, Yakima Load Warrior custom lo profile mount, JL audio stealthbox and amp.
Old man Emu HD springs lift, OME SS,
OME shocks, 265/65/17 Bridgestone revo's
1"Rear/1.5"Front spacers=~3"lift
mikkjroverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.