Just purchased a 97 Limited - Good deal?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Just purchased a 97 Limited - Good deal??

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-01-2002, 11:32 AM   #1
dba4life

Just purchased a 97 Limited - Good deal??

Hello all,

Looking forward to joining the forum. I just signed the papers for a 1997 Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD.

Details:
Red with Black leather interior
Sunroof, tow package, CD, Heated seats, 5.2 V8.
144,000 miles - $6800.
Purchased from a dealer. Took it to a mechanic this morning and here is the rundown:

Needs new brake rotors and pads - Dealer is replacing
Needs new serpentine belt - Dealer repacing
There is some oil seepage from the oil pan seal and valve covers. I din't ask to fix this. No big deal this is our 3rd vechicle that will only be used for driving to work 2 times a week and to tow our boat. Other then these no issues. Mechanic said no one has been in the engine to repair it.

One owner vehicle that came in via trade.

What do you all thing. From what I have researched this is a steal. You thoughts? Please be honest - I can take it!!

Thanks
Kevin

dba4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2002, 01:23 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

Hi,
The Grand Cherokee Forum is pretty slow. This looks like a good deal to me. The mileage is really high but being only 5 years old or so I would guess most of the miles are highway. I had a 93 GC and now have a 2000. Both with the V8 engine. They tow pretty good up to about 6000 lbs. If you are towing something heavy I would really recommend brakes on the trailer. I had to pull a john deer tractor on a car carrier once when the trailer brakes failed. It's pretty hard to stop in a hurry without the extra braking power. The limited is a pretty comfortable ride. Enjoy
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.