just ordered a 3.5" re super flex and..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > just ordered a 3.5" re super flex and.....

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 09-11-2003, 04:04 PM   #1
konadhbiker

just ordered a 3.5" re super flex and.....

they told me that the biggest tire that i could fit under it was a 31"/10.5..... but i wanted tsl-sx's so i got a 30/11.5. were they missleading me? could i have fit a 32" tire with just minimal rubbing? did i make a bad choice?

konadhbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2003, 05:07 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Yes, you could fit a 32 under the ZJ. The problem occurs when you flex the suspension going in and out of the mall parking lot and the tires rub all over everything and it sounds like your jeep is falling apart. Now, you could trim your front fender and the inside of the fenderwells and they would fit. Make sure to check the backspacing on the rims that your planning on running also.

I had 32s that rubbed on the back of the front fenderwell when the kit was first installed.

A lot of tire fitment issues deal with backspacing and where the front axle is.

Hunter

Yes, sarcasm was directly implied. If you need any help, just ask.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com

Last edited by Texas ZJ1; 09-11-2003 at 05:29 PM..
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.