Just got my new Exhaust in the mail - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Just got my new Exhaust in the mail

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

i forgot to mention measure your muffler and compare the length to the old one. you will most likely need a pipe to make up for the aftermarket being shorter

Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #17
Left_Clicker
1996 ZJ 

alright thank you so much for your help!

Are you basing the "goodness" of the parts by the price? cause all these parts are much more expensive than the prices I'm getting with the coupon I'm using. The setup is 358 on rockauto with a 5% coupon, and 369 from autozone and summit combined 2 parts from each, and 339 from advance. Also I checked out ebay *** the first place and I couldn't find the same parts for better prices

So then are you saying to get a pipe thats the same size as the pipe, just that the pipe's inner size is the same as the pipe's that i'm trying to connect's outer size? and then clamp or weld on the fittings?
Left_Clicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

yes you want the od to match the id of the pipe. so they slide in each other. if your welding you dont need to they should just match in size or close. make sure to measure and match the old exhaust. otherwise your tailpipe will rub or get hit over bumps. I always seem to find deals looking around on ebay takes awhile because of the way people list things. I like the borla setups as well but there priced way up there. If any part of your exhaust is 2.25 you might aswell go with the walker tail pipe. I went with the one for the 5.9 because its wider.
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
Left_Clicker
1996 ZJ 

Yeah Ive just got the 4.0 I6, probably don't need a pipe wider than 2.25, the exhaust setup inlets and outlets go from:

front pipe Outlet Outside Diameter: 2.5 in,
to the converter Inlet Inside Diameter: 2.5 in, to converter Outlet Outside Diameter:2.25,
to the muffler Inlet Inside Diameter:2.25 in to the muffler Outlet Inside Diameter: 2.25 in
to the tail pipe Inlet Outside Diameter:2.25 in to the tail pipe Outlet Outside Diameter: 2.75 in

Those are pulled from the specs of all the pipes copied and pasted from their respective pages and if I'm getting it right they all should fit just a hair one over the other and be able to be clamped down.

also curiously the front pipe just lists the inlet as quantity 1.? those are universal I presume?

Yeah I also looked at the borla cat-back exhaust system but that one was 480-something just for the muffler and tail pipe! :O!

this setup is costing me 272 + tax I think? in total with placing 3 different orders (to maximize the amount the coupon takes off) with free shipping! awesome!

Last edited by Left_Clicker; 08-24-2013 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: confused cat for muffler
Left_Clicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.