Just got a 98 GC Laredo LTD. 5.2L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Just got a 98 GC Laredo LTD. 5.2L

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 01-04-2004, 09:22 AM   #1
rickpitino

Just got a 98 GC Laredo LTD. 5.2L

Hi guys, Im new around here. I just got a 98 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L. I bought it from a local dealer that did alot of work to it. He knew the truck pretty well. One question that I have is how good or bad is the gas mileage with these trucks? I am only getting around 9-10 mpg in the city. I was thinking of doing a K&N drop in filter and a Flowmaster exhaust to help improve the gas mileage but I was expecting to get 14-15 city just as it sits now. Is there anything that could be wrong with the truck that could be causing such poor mileage?

Thanks for the help..

rickpitino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2004, 11:37 AM   #2
mudd

truck?

he he, first things first, its a JEEP! ford makes trucks!

you should be getting a little bit better gas milage though. im not sure if youll get 15 in the city with that being an 8 cylinder. the biggest determining factor will be the milage on the JEEP, and whether or not you have a lift and how big your tires are. if its stock and under 80,000 miles i might be a bit worried. but if your lifted and running mudders on an engine with 120,000 miles on it, then no big deal.
mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2004, 12:32 PM   #3
rickpitino

thanks mudd...My Jeep has 65k miles on it, no lift and brand new Yokohama Geolander's stock size. I have a feeling that my air/fuel mix is off. I have alot of smoke upon acceleration. Is there anyway that I can adjust my air/fuel mixture or is that left to the pro's?
rickpitino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
mudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpitino
thanks mudd...My Jeep has 65k miles on it, no lift and brand new Yokohama Geolander's stock size. I have a feeling that my air/fuel mix is off. I have alot of smoke upon acceleration. Is there anyway that I can adjust my air/fuel mixture or is that left to the pro's?

if you think thats it, you might want to take it in. it all depends what your comfortable with. ill redo suspensions all day but dont like to touch the engine. if your not a skilled mech., then take it in.
mudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.