Just Emptying Every Pocket : My '97 ZJ Again - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Just Emptying Every Pocket : My '97 ZJ Again

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Kurkku
1997 ZJ 

Just Emptying Every Pocket : My '97 ZJ Again

Back to my 1997 ZJ.

I took a look at it, after driving around for a while, and noticed my rear diff was leaking oil? Any answers to that.

And I had a very nice person smash my passenger quarter panel with a bottle the other night, so I was looking to replace that. Any ideas on how to get off the plastic trim around the window?
I broke the extra glass, I just need to know how to get out that window.

As for driving now, I notice when I try and go into second gear, I hear what sounds like grinding, when I let loose from the throttle, it stops, then when I bring it above 2k I hear the grinding. Only persists in what seems like 2nd gear.
Any answers as well as help would work ^_^

ONE LAST THING.
Any steps on taking off an old exhaust manifold? :X
*replacing with a new*

Kurkku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
redman4ever
1997 ZJ 

Sounds like the rear diff gasket is leaking. Simply pull it and replace with grey RTV and refill. Don't know about the rest.
redman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

The plastic trim is part of the window, it's glued to the glass. Your new window will come with the trim. So there's still an inch of glass all around the window waiting to be cut out.
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.