JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   it just died????? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/just-died-368255/)

rustycherokee18 01-29-2007 09:48 PM

it just died?????

I'm just crusin through out local spot on my way to nice crick crossing when my jeep just dies?? So the fun begins. I check to see if my fuel pump is kickin on and it is. So i move to the ignition system. I pull a plug and ground it out will still hooked to a wire and crank it....and no spark. I check to make sure everything is connectd and such. I have no ideas as to what it coulb be?????? could it be my coil?? or rotor or what??

Naturalhoosier 01-29-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustycherokee18
I'm just crusin through out local spot on my way to nice crick crossing when my jeep just dies?? So the fun begins. I check to see if my fuel pump is kickin on and it is. So i move to the ignition system. I pull a plug and ground it out will still hooked to a wire and crank it....and no spark. I check to make sure everything is connectd and such. I have no ideas as to what it coulb be?????? could it be my coil?? or rotor or what??

How's your battery??? Mine did this in December. I was just going down a road and at a stop light it just died. I couldn't get it to do anything. Changed the battery and haven't had a problem since.

Texas ZJ1 01-30-2007 08:30 AM

Did I ever mention that I hate ignition coils? I had about five or six die in less than 4 years...

I would place a bet on that.

Hunter

rustycherokee18 01-30-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naturalhoosier
How's your battery??? Mine did this in December. I was just going down a road and at a stop light it just died. I couldn't get it to do anything. Changed the battery and haven't had a problem since.

I had my friends jumper cable just hookd to it while i tried starting and it cranks over like a champ but just doesnt start:brickwall so i dont know :confused:

greasefingers 01-30-2007 03:40 PM

1- You could pull the distributor cap and make sure that the rotor has not melted (I have seen this once)
2- Then I would test the resistances of the coil.
3- If coil is good then I would replace the crankshaft position sensor.

rustycherokee18 01-30-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greasefingers
1- You could pull the distributor cap and make sure that the rotor has not melted (I have seen this once)
2- Then I would test the resistances of the coil.
3- If coil is good then I would replace the crankshaft position sensor.

Rotor is fine that was the firs tthing i checkd to make sure. as for the other 2 im was going to check the coil today and then if its bad replace it then if its good ill check option 3.

rustycherokee18 02-03-2007 07:19 PM

could it be due to a bad alternator??

greasefingers 02-04-2007 06:36 AM

I do not think that the alt is your problem.

The time now is 05:22 AM.