Jus helped my woman purchase a 93 Gran Cherokee. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jus helped my woman purchase a 93 Gran Cherokee.

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
cruisingram
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jus helped my woman purchase a 93 Gran Cherokee.

Hello from Da Big Island of Hawaii. Just helped my girlfriend purchase a 93 Gran Cherokee, six cylinder automatic. Very tight mechanically except for passenger rear shock bushing toast. Cosmetically usual Hawaii things- head liner sucks, trying to rust out etc.

I am really thinking about a lift kit and 31s for it. I have a wrangler I am going similar route. Yes, we are an all Jeep family LOL. I will post pics of her jeep and mine together later this week.

Got her jeep pretty good deal. Only thing really wrong with her Jeep is gauge cluster lights not working, and it is not a fuse. Any help finding good threads on that would be great. I will search later as well.

We live on Da Big Island as I said, and do a fair amount of light to medium 4x4ing. Lava farm roads are really a ***** here as well. Take a toll on cars and suspensions. the Jeep line is totally suited for this enviroment, and I plan on making her Jeep as nice as my own. I own a 94 Wrangler 4-popper YJ.

Any advice on the best way to 31s and what lift, I am leaning towards the skyjacker kit at this time, would be appreciated.

cruisingram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Welome to JF.

Headliner: There is a long old thread about it. I opted to take my fiberglass and cardboard headliner out, rip the material off of it, then I used a shop vac to scrape the foam backing from it. Got it super clean, then sprayed black bed liner on it...and reinstalled it. It's a very utilitarian look and everyone who's seen it loves it. ( so far, I havent posted pics). Others just take it out, remove the fabric and foam like I did, and recovered it with fabric. My thoughts are.....they'll be doing it again, sooner or later...but to each his own.

Re: Skyjacker: I live in the area (of that company). Not a very good reputation around Shreveport or Monroe, LA. ( just an opinion) Locals usually know best, some say. Try Iron Rock offroad, instead, or one of the other Jeep Forum vendors. IRC usually gets high marks from JF members.

RE: Gauge cluster lights. Might be the plug or even the headlight switch. Others know more.
Have fun fixing her up !

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #3
cruisingram
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks! On the headliner, the cover to the foam is peeling, it is actually more cosmetic- she wants to sticker bomb it with some sort of collage. Hey- sounds good to me!

Horn doesn't work and gauge lights don't work. Will post up a subject on that.

Thanks for the advice on the lift. I am going to replace the back two worn shocks with OEM replacements cheaply, then we are going to lift it once we get some other issues cleaned up- the first actual mod will be a roof rack for spare and camping gear.

Edited to add: Oh wow, that Iron rock kit is super reasonable and EXACTLY what I am looking for. I am going to have her order that, but go the extra 99 dollars and have all new coils- thanks a bunch man!

Did you know that the best place on earth to camp is the Big Island of Hawaii? LOL
Unread 02-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Here you go:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...guide-1416673/

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
cruisingram
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome! Thanks! I think we are going to do that but with a hawaiian collage LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.