Junkyard Find - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Junkyard Find

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-31-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
rstantoniii
1998 ZJ 

Junkyard Find

Went to my local Junkyard today and stumbled across a nice find on a '93 ZJ.

4 OME Coils (Front are 930s, not sure on the rear)

4 OME Shocks

All of these are practically brand new. Does anyone know how much lift this will give me? Anything else I need to go with these to make clear 31s?

rstantoniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
caseyliffick
1995 ZJ 

Depends on if they're the HD coils or not. HD's give about 2.5 IIRC and the regular springs give like 1.5
caseyliffick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
rstantoniii
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyliffick
Depends on if they're the HD coils or not. HD's give about 2.5 IIRC and the regular springs give like 1.5
Ok. Thanks. I'll order 1" BB and call it day then.
Unread 04-02-2014, 02:03 AM   #4
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

I installed OME HD springs and got a full 2" of lift, which was enough (with some minor plastic trimming) to mount my new 31" AT's. IMO, my Jeep is at a perfect trail-ready height with this combo, and my wife with her bad arthritic hips can still get in and out without too much trouble.

Good score!!!
ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I got s tad over 2" as well.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
rstantoniii
1998 ZJ 

Ok. I'm pretty sure this are the medium duty springs. I'm probably gonna order new trackbars, and coil spacers from Kolak and hope I get close to 3" total by the time I'm done.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.