Junk it or Sale it - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Junk it or Sale it

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Junk it or Sale it

I've gotten to the point that I will junk or sale this @#$%^&*&^%$#. Sorry, no specific meaning to the above, but I'm so,so pissed and tired. I have put so much money, time and work on my '93 ZJ and I still have the vibration in the front end at around 55. I have replaced EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT in the front suspension-steering systems. Brand new alloy wheels, balanced.... It is something so weird, sometimes it does it at 48, or at 50, 55, sometimes I get to 60 clean and nice and then,,it starts. Today I was doing just 50 in a straight line and started. Then I started to turn left to take a moderate curve and the vibration stopped completely! Now I'm thinking, Before all this started, I always noticed the front passenger seat vibrate side-to-side at 65, but never had steering wheel vib.. Now everything vibrates, I've had so many suspicions,, the control arms?, the "variable rate" coil springs? A couple of days ago, I got rid of the polyurethane coil spacers and put brand new rubber spacers, now it even feels a very comfortable ride but,,,I checked again and found that the front drive shaft has just a very, very little movement close to the transfer case. I don't really think that it would cause it. Could it be a damaged viscous clutch in the transfer case?. We know that the front wheels will fight each other or go side-to-side when in 4LOW if this clutch is damaged,, I don't know guys, please excuse this long thread, but I need some Ideas. Thank you all.

Raimundo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

Could be your front driveshaft needs a rebuild. I had a nasty vibe going on up front past a certain speed (105km/h-ish), swapped in a junkyard shaft and it was completely gone.
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

Yes, I'm going to remove the front drive shaft tomorrow and test drive. Hopefully all I have to do is replace the U-Joints on it, I really wish that is the problem, that's an easy one, after that,,,,,,,,,,,I don't know
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Keep in mind that it may roll in park without the front DS and set the E brake .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
craddock01
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
Keep in mind that it may roll in park without the front DS and set the E brake .
Really? Never heard that before I had mine off couple days never rolled park worked like park always does.
craddock01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
Raimundo
1993 ZJ 

that's right. If I'm correct, the "park" position will block the rear wheels.
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

it will only roll in park if he has the 249 transfer case
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
95upcountry
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
it will only roll in park if he has the 249 transfer case
Definately use your ebrake. when I first bought my 95 zj, i drove it home from where i bought it, about 45 miles and parked it on my driveway which is a little bit steep. Nothing happened until several hours later when I was walking past my window and was shocked to see my new jeep in the road.
95upcountry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.