Jeep ZJ Cat Back System - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep ZJ Cat Back System

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-11-2004, 02:19 PM   #1
boilingpoint

Jeep ZJ Cat Back System

I have a 93 JGC 4.0L. About 6 or 7 yrs ago my exhaust manifold developed a crack in one of the welds. After doing some research I chose to install Borla headers instead of a stock manifold. A few years later my catalytic needed replacing. I chose to go with a high flow version to complement my Borla headers.

Finally I think its time to replace my stock muffler and tail pipe. I have been waiting for the muffler to pack it in but it just wont. I have almost 350,000kms but the muffler wont quit. I cant wait any longer I am itching to install a cat back system.

I have been really happy with my Borla headers. In my opinion Borla products are first rate. So naturally when it came to shopping for cat back systems I visited Borla first. I have no doubt about their workmanship and overall quality. I was dead set on getting the Borla Cat Back when I came across another manufacturer...Dynomax.

According to the Dynomax website their stainless steel cat back system out flows Borla by a fair margin. Here is a link to the graph http://www.dynomax.com/ultrafloss.stm

The Dynomax Ultra Flo SS is 100% stainless steel and comes with a lifetime warranty.

I have done a search on this forum for Dynomax. Most members here have made positive comments regarding Dynomax's cheaper Turbo model.

The Ultra Flo SS is substantially more expensive. I want to go with a premium quality cat back to complement the rest of my exhaust system.

Im looking for member feedback as to which way I should go. Borla, Dynomax or some other brand?

Thanks.

boilingpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2004, 04:18 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

For performance mods, you need to email Nick Kolak at Kolak@aol.com.

He can give you great advice on these things.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.