Jeep Wont Start! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Wont Start!

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
TPToups
1996 ZJ 

Jeep Wont Start!

Ok, i have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In the mornings it will not start, it will act as if its going to but wont. But as soon as i get home from school it cranks right up. What could be the problem, to where it just don't start in the mornings? I live in Louisiana, so its barely ever cold here, so i dont suppose that would be the problem. I have already replaced the computer system, coil, distributor, rotor, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, starter, and the battery. But yet it continues to do this, but only in the mornings!!

Someone please helppppppp!
Thank You

Unread 05-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Did you use Mopar brand for all the sensors you replaced? Test fuel pressure at the rail? Sounds like it could be the anti-drainback valve which is part of the fuel pump assembly. It's strange though that it only happens in the mornings.

Battery terminals clean and new? Does it run normal once it starts up?
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.