Jeep running rough after being resurected after crash - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-17-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
bluecherokee93
1993 ZJ 

Jeep running rough after being resurected after crash

Hey everyone! I just recently got back onto here, because of a lot of things happening with school and work. Anyway, I wrecked my jeep, and had to take the lower crossmember (real steel bumper off) and put the one from my other jeep on. Then I had to replace the ac condenser, and radiator, which were popped by the bent lower crossmember. The ac condenser, and radiator also came off of my other jeep. Both jeeps are 93 grand cherokees.

Well, I got it started the other day, fixed a leak from one of the lines connected to the radiator. I can start it, and I did move it forward on the street a few feet, so I could see any new leaks. however, it runs rough when I start it, and am wondering what is going on. I pulled the codes using the key method, and got a code 12, and a code 21. Also a code 55 which means end of codes. I might have to end up replacing the o2 sensor because I don't know if it is bad. So my question is this, what else could make it run rough after being frankensteined, and brought back from the dead? I will add pics as soon as I'm done with the whole project.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-17-2009, 06:40 PM
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

do any welding without disconnecting the battery?

'97 zj 5.2, some stuff, some other suff, and some things that even work sometimes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
bluecherokee93
1993 ZJ 

actually no. the battery died on me so I took it to the parts store yesterday night and had them charge it for me. today I got the front bumper, and all of the support bracing back on. I added a little more coolant, and I drove it up to the gas station for a few extra gallons. I think the five gallons I had in there were probably just not enough to make it smooth out the idle. I'm still going to keep checking the coolant, and soon check the trans fluid, just to be safe. I didn't loose much trans fluid, but I did loose a lot of this green liquid when I disconnected the ac condenser. Any ideas what that might be?

post #4 of 4 Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
bluecherokee93
1993 ZJ 

oh yeah, I also had the battery disconnected today, and the codes are gone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.