Jeep pulls to one side after alignment. Can the rear axle being off center do this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep pulls to one side after alignment. Can the rear axle being off center do this?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 11-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
bjl95mustang
1998 ZJ 

Jeep pulls to one side after alignment. Can the rear axle being off center do this?

My jeep pulls to one side and the front alignment is straight. It has been like this for a while and I finally ordered a rear adjustable track bar to replace the tb drop bracket. It is off center about 1-2".

4.5" Lift: RE 4.5" springs,Iro rear 3.5 springs+1" spacer, RE shocks, All adjustable arms, IRO front track bar and HD bracket, Rear jks track bar, 1-Ton Steering, 242 tc, 33x12.5x15 GoodYear wrangler silent tires, 15" rock crawler rims, Aussie Locker For My 44A, 760X u-joint front axles.

Soon to come Lock Right Front Locker.

Jeep Inferno member #10

Texas Jeep Club Member #78
bjl95mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Colorado 5.9
1998 ZJ 

I would not think so. The TB keeps the body strait over the axles. The axles are kept strait/parallel by the control arms. Did they give you the before & after specs on the alignment? If the caster is way off on one side it could cause the pull. Also once it is aligned right. If one side has bad ball joints it could cause it too I would think. Is the air pressure the same on all tires?
ZJ 98 5.9 LTD. Lots of mods. 7" T&T's Long Arm Lift ,BFG KM2"s,35X12.50x16's,4:56's, Vanco brake upgrade, M1intake,Holley52mmTB,MikeLeach Headers,, Arb'ed HP D30,Aussie Locked rear,Procomp MX6 Shocks,Arb front,RearTR bumpers,ECT.ECT.

Latest Pics
Colorado 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
CLNinja
1993 ZJ 

check your control arms to make sure they are all correct

its a good idea to get that rear adjustable track bar

i dont know how you even hooked up your rear sway bar with the axle being so far off center...
[color="#003300"]Matt[/COLOR]
[color="white"][CENTER][size="1"]
[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434081"][color="white"]Click Here For My Build Thread[/COLOR][/url]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][B]**September 2009 Grand Cherokee Of The Month**[/B]
[SIZE="2"][url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123"][color="white"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #88[/COLOR][/url][/SIZE][/CENTER]
CLNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #4
Kruzin
1993 ZJ 

If the axle is off center that much, it could easily be out of square with everything else.
Was the alignment you got a 2-wheel or 4-wheel alignment? If it was just a 2-wheel (front only) alignment, they never even looked at the rear end.

Wheeler/Beater: 93 ZJ Laredo
4.0, AW4, 231 conversion from 249
3" coil lift, JKS Adjustable Track Bar, JKS Quicker Discos, KOR lwr rad supt, Brush guard
Colorado Jeep Club Member 242 (4.0L)
Kruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
netmonky

Hi, did you resolve this issue? I have the same issue on my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Problem: My Jeep keeps pulling to the left

-4 wheel tracking has been checked
- new disk's and callipers all round abut 5k ago
- changed tyres

Any ideas anyone ?
netmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
hvywt77
1994 ZJ 

i can see netmonkey mentions brakes, a draging brake can easily cause it to veer. maybe worth taking a look..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.