Jeep newb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep newb

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
rowdy_sohc
1994 ZJ 

Jeep newb

What's up everyone. I am new to the Jeep world, came from owning a Xterra. I have had my Zj for about a month now. So far I just have fixed some little things on it so far. This forum has been a big help so far.

Sunday I fixed the trans pan leak and on the way home Monday I had a tire blow out! Jeep is already taking my money lol. I am not sure is I'm gonna stick with 31's on it or bump up to 32's.

Here is a picture of it

rowdy_sohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Those D35 rear axles are a notoriously weak axle. Careful how big of a tire you run. You may end up with more expensive fixins in your future.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
rowdy_sohc
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
Those D35 rear axles are a notoriously weak axle. Careful how big of a tire you run. You may end up with more expensive fixins in your future.
I've been reading about that. At my shop we have a 8.8 out of a explorer. I am gonna see if my manager will let me have it or for cheap at least. I probably would go with the artec truss kit to convert it
rowdy_sohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy_sohc View Post
I've been reading about that. At my shop we have a 8.8 out of a explorer. I am gonna see if my manager will let me have it or for cheap at least. I probably would go with the artec truss kit to convert it
Thats what I did. Lovin that 8.8 too. It was a fun build

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.