Jeep just turned off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep just turned off

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-26-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
ben_wagner
1994 ZJ 

Jeep just turned off

I have a 94 I6 4.0 ZJ and I was driving along and my RPM gauge went to 0 and i lost power steering and breaks. Naturally, I assumed my car had turned off so I pulled over and stopped (with some effort) and sure enough the Jeep had just turned off. This is the second time it has done this. Would a tune up help or is it something worse?

ben_wagner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
ben_wagner
1994 ZJ 

bump. anybody?
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #3
Animal Mother

I really have no idea sorry but i tune up wouldnt hurt.. some of the more veteran guys could help you out
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #4
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

A tune-up is not your problem. A coil....maybe but first: your conditions are exactly what happened to me when my fuel pump died. When you turn the ignition to Start, does the starter motor run as it should? When you turn the ignition to On can you hear a hum from the gas tank? You need the window open or someone to listen for it. If you hear the fuel pump hum, then the next thing to do would be to check for spark.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
ben_wagner
1994 ZJ 

Thanks Grease, I will check it out...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.