Jeep just died No Power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep just died No Power

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 09-23-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
boing

Jeep just died No Power

Help My jeep wont start It is a 93 5.2l I just stoped to go into a store and when I tried to start the jeep I got nothing. then something starting ticking under the dash on the pasanger side but would stop if you open the door or turn the key. There is no power to any thing except when you turn the key to the accesory position the radio will work. Can someone help me get my jeep home.
Thanks
Boing

boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #2
demtjcj

could be your starter. happened on my 94. i would get absolutely nothing. could leave it sit for a few hours, come back start it once, then it wouldnt work for a few more hours again. thats my opnion

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
boing

Thanks for the reply but it was just a loose battery conection.

Boing
boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
joe_wala

Just In Case Any One Else Has A Similar Problem And Its Not A Loose Battery Cable. I Had A Problem Where My Lights Would Not Go Off I Couldnt Even Get Them To Go Off After Pulling Out Fuses And Even Worse It Would Some Times Just Go Dead When I Tried To Start It...nothing Would Happen, Than The Next Day Or An Hour Later It Would Start Right Up Like Nothing Was Ever Wrong. It Ended Up Being That I Had Some Caroded Wire In The Rear Trailer Harness Causing A Short.
Unread 09-23-2003, 08:00 PM   #5
MichiganK9SAR
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ahh, the notorious loose battery cable. It happens to all of us at least once. Usually the simplest solution is the correct one.

Boing, be sure to apply a light coat of vasoline to the battery terminals. Since they weren't seated very well for a while, you have likely oxidized the metal and will soon begin to see white scales form. You can prevent this by applying vasoline, white lithium grease, or dialectric grease to the terminals.
MichiganK9SAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.