Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance

Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 06-27-2013, 08:37 AM   #1
Ngel
1998 ZJ 

Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance

Hey guys!!

i am new around here
i have owned a 98 5.9L for couple of years now, and decided it was time to mod this beast up

does anyone has tried or heard of the 'Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance'

Any other basic mods i should be aware of or something ? all my parts are still from the manufacturer

Thanks a lot

Ngel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

I'd save my money for something else. Headers, exhaust and tune are worth around 30+ hp.

900 watt motor? That will be drawing 65 amps or so. That is a lot. The whole thing looks pretty bogus.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Electric superchargers are 100% bogus.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Timo_90xj
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Location: Helsinki, Finland - on the European side of the Atlantic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngel View Post
does anyone has tried or heard of the 'Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance'

Any other basic mods i should be aware of or something ?
I've heard a crankcase lamp can give you at least 50hp, and a flux capacitor will give you another 50 horses. Also, adding a vacuum pump at the end of tailpipe gives a lot of oomph because of no restriction in the exhaust flow

..my ideas are just as useful as the idiotic "intake supercharger".. Feel free to try, I want charge you a cent

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...s-etc-1222317/

1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***

***Under construction***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,... ***SOLD***
Timo_90xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just get an electric weed blower and put the motor from that on there. Just as good

Sounds like a dumb idea doesn't it?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Just get an electric weed blower and put the motor from that on there. Just as good

Sounds like a dumb idea doesn't it?
http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...r/viewall.html
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Ngel
1998 ZJ 

hmmm haha ok bad idea :P

so, what should i focus on getting first?
by the way, i need a new fuel pump for the 5.9L... i passed by a gas station and i got water and sand instead of fuel... now the fuel intake is bad, i have bad times getting the engine to start after couple of hours of standing, and whenever the fuel tank is below half, and i take a left turn while gassing, the whole engine get hiccups.... any ideas/replacement? i found the BOSH one exact match of the current one, but at 160$ on amazon...

Many thanks
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
Haha can you imagine pulling up to a car that sounded like two gas leaf blowers and it beats you?

I would take your money and fix all the old worn out stuff on your 5.9 before you spend any money modifying it. Stuff like Bushings, plenum gasket repair kit, replace all coolant hoses, new plugs and wires, ect. Fix all the wear and tear items and get it running great then mod it later.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
um7267
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjosh93 View Post
Electric superchargers are 100% bogus.
you could always use the hair dryer that way you have hot and cool air intake hah

if you really want to spend that much money on something get a 3 inch lift from RC, with the adjustable control arm.

yes the 5.9 is a fast ba motor, but its still an suv
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
Kolak
Vendor

Headers, exhaust, programmer, better air intake, ported throttle body - all will wake up the 5.9 substantially.

PM me if you would like information - I have solid suggestions in all categories.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #11
Ngel
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I would take your money and fix all the old worn out stuff on your 5.9 before you spend any money modifying it. Stuff like Bushings, plenum gasket repair kit, replace all coolant hoses, new plugs and wires, ect. Fix all the wear and tear items and get it running great then mod it later.
Totally agree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.