JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/jeep-intake-supercharger-kit-turbo-chip-performance-1541953/)

Ngel 06-27-2013 07:37 AM

Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance

Hey guys!!

i am new around here :)
i have owned a 98 5.9L for couple of years now, and decided it was time to mod this beast up :D

does anyone has tried or heard of the 'Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance'

Any other basic mods i should be aware of or something ? all my parts are still from the manufacturer

Thanks a lot :)

HighLonesome 06-27-2013 08:01 AM

I'd save my money for something else. Headers, exhaust and tune are worth around 30+ hp.

900 watt motor? That will be drawing 65 amps or so. That is a lot. The whole thing looks pretty bogus.

zjosh93 06-27-2013 08:09 AM

Electric superchargers are 100% bogus.

Timo_90xj 06-27-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ngel (Post 15613067)
does anyone has tried or heard of the 'Jeep Intake Supercharger Kit Turbo Chip Performance'

Any other basic mods i should be aware of or something ?

I've heard a crankcase lamp can give you at least 50hp, and a flux capacitor will give you another 50 horses. Also, adding a vacuum pump at the end of tailpipe gives a lot of oomph because of no restriction in the exhaust flow :2thumbsup:

..my ideas are just as useful as the idiotic "intake supercharger".. :rolleyes: Feel free to try, I want charge you a cent :D

PolkaPower 06-27-2013 09:07 AM

Just get an electric weed blower and put the motor from that on there. Just as good :rofl:

Sounds like a dumb idea doesn't it?

ajmorell 06-27-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolkaPower (Post 15613392)
Just get an electric weed blower and put the motor from that on there. Just as good :rofl:

Sounds like a dumb idea doesn't it?

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/e...r/viewall.html

Ngel 06-27-2013 09:31 AM

hmmm haha ok bad idea :P

so, what should i focus on getting first?
by the way, i need a new fuel pump for the 5.9L... i passed by a gas station and i got water and sand instead of fuel... now the fuel intake is bad, i have bad times getting the engine to start after couple of hours of standing, and whenever the fuel tank is below half, and i take a left turn while gassing, the whole engine get hiccups.... any ideas/replacement? i found the BOSH one exact match of the current one, but at 160$ on amazon...

Many thanks :D

PolkaPower 06-27-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmorell (Post 15613469)

Haha can you imagine pulling up to a car that sounded like two gas leaf blowers and it beats you?:laugh:

I would take your money and fix all the old worn out stuff on your 5.9 before you spend any money modifying it. Stuff like Bushings, plenum gasket repair kit, replace all coolant hoses, new plugs and wires, ect. Fix all the wear and tear items and get it running great then mod it later.

um7267 06-27-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zjosh93 (Post 15613188)
Electric superchargers are 100% bogus.

you could always use the hair dryer that way you have hot and cool air intake hah:laugh:

if you really want to spend that much money on something get a 3 inch lift from RC, with the adjustable control arm.

yes the 5.9 is a fast ba motor, but its still an suv

Kolak 06-27-2013 06:55 PM

Headers, exhaust, programmer, better air intake, ported throttle body - all will wake up the 5.9 substantially.

PM me if you would like information - I have solid suggestions in all categories.

Ngel 06-27-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolkaPower (Post 15613662)
I would take your money and fix all the old worn out stuff on your 5.9 before you spend any money modifying it. Stuff like Bushings, plenum gasket repair kit, replace all coolant hoses, new plugs and wires, ect. Fix all the wear and tear items and get it running great then mod it later.

Totally agree :D

The time now is 01:00 PM.