Jeep having trouble warming up in cold weather. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep having trouble warming up in cold weather.

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 12-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
admeister86
1996 ZJ 

Jeep having trouble warming up in cold weather.

Since the winter started I've noticed my 96 Grand Cherokee 4.0L hasn't been able to warm up very well. In previous winters I could start my Jeep 10-15 minutes before I would leave and I would be defrosted by the time I came back out. But now after 10-15 minutes it will still be at the bottom of the gauge. Also my drive to work is about 15 minutes and it's not getting above 25%. Consequently, I'm still blowing cold air out of the vents by the time I get to work. Anyone have any thoughts on this? In past winters the Jeep would warm up nicely in a few minutes and the coldest we've had so far is 13F.

admeister86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Failing thermostat?
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.