Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering excessively loose - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee Steering excessively loose

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 03-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #31
dashcroft
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited had “wandering” problems. It has 250,000 miles with only the usual repairs. All joints and linkage on front are good, steering box and pump are good. Just had the alignment checked.
The problem turned out to be worn out bushings on the REAR stabilizer. Replaced them and it drives like new again!

dashcroft is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #32
randyroy59

ebay

kolac may be his buddy. but for 220 bucks I bougnht a track bar stabilizer bar 4 tie rods 4 sway bars and shocks on ebay as a whole kit. free shipping. although I could have replaced everything I only replaced half the parts.. keep in mind firestone and goodyear lie to you. they will say you have bad tie rods then try and sell you one for 200.00 that's about 160.00 labor for 20 minutes. they told me mine were bad . I bought all these parts and the tie rods were perfect. my mechanic went over them with a fine tooth comb. also the stabilizer bar track bar and shocks cost me 80.00 labor.. shop around
randyroy59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #33
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Old thread = old. But thanks for posting your experience.

Also Kolak sells quality parts. Which aren't always the cheapest. Who knows maybe he will sell you crappy eBay white shocks if you ask for them though.

sent from: somewhere

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.