Jeep Grand Cherokee '00 ABS/Brake Lights came on, then off? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Jeep Grand Cherokee '00 ABS/Brake Lights came on, then off?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
prcoamo

Jeep Grand Cherokee '00 ABS/Brake Lights came on, then off?

HI,

Was driving along and my brake and ABS light came on. I pulled over to the side shut off the car and the started it again, this time the brake and ABS lights did not come on. I've since started the car a couple of times now for past hour and no brake or ABS lights came on.
Do you think I have something to worry about? What could be the cause?
I'm afraid to even move the car especially in this snow/sleet/icy weather we are having here

Many thanks

prcoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
DaJeep2B
1997 ZJ 

When the light came on, were you applying the brakes hard enough for the ABS system to kick in? You may want to test your ABS system to see if it is working properly on snow or gravel and if the light comes on while the ABS is engaged.
DaJeep2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
prcoamo

I don't believe so, i was driving slow since weather conditions are bad out here
so any force i applied was light/normal
prcoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #4
Cebby
2000 WJ 

Check your brake fluid level. Low fluid will make the lights come on.
2000 WJ Laredo 4.0 4x4 Taupe Frost - Clayton LA Front/Rear | IRO 3" Springs + 3/4" KOR | Bilstein Shocks | JKS Discos/Trackbar/Draglink & Tierod | Dual KOR Stabs | Spidertrax Spacers | 265/70R17 Duratrac's on JK 17's | Black Magic Brakes w/Centric Rotors | Akebono Calipers | Griffin Rad | K&N Drop in | Magnaflow Cat & Muffler shorty setup | Diehard Platinum (Odyssey) | RB1-NAV-Sirius-Chg-iPod | OEM Tow Hooks F/R
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.