The park brake has numerous ways of braking. It could be a cable, or might be under the drum ...
What you should look for:
- start the vehicle, and listen carefully to the engine. If there are any questionable sounds, ask about them.
- Ask for maintenance/service records.
- Slide underneath while the engine is running and look for leaks.
- Look at the exhaust, not the system but the actual gases, is it colored blue or white? That indicates problems.
- Get in shift through all the gears and make sure the tranny feels tight. Shift through all transfer case options, make sure to do this correctly, and make sure it works all right.
- play with all the interior options. See which work and which don't.
- check all the lights even interior and the dash.
- above all, take a notebook, and take notes. Write down anything you think significant. These will all help you decide what to offer. Check out New Car Prices, Used Car Values, New Car Reviews & Car Buying Guides - NADAguides.com Official Site
for a decent idea of what might be offered for it. Use it as a baseline, not a definitive.