Ok guys, I have been trying to track down a rather annoying engine noise.
Background - 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 I6, 45k
- I have been hearing a motor related noise coming from what I estimate is the front accessory drive. It only occurs at 2,000-2,300 rpms when the vehicle is in drive and under load.
- I can not replicate the sound when the truck is parked and I raise the rpms to to 2,000-2,300 rpm.
- To me it sounds like those older cars that have a screeching belt when it is really cold or wet outside. I can hear the noise everytime on the highway when I accelerate up through that rpm range.
- There is no noise when I let off the gas, so I assume that it is not drivetrain related. I am guessing it could be power steering or a water pump?
- There are no leaking fluids anywhere under the vehicle.
- The other odd thing in my mind is that I started hearing this noise after taking off my throttle body and cleaning it with throttle body cleaner.