jc whitney 12v pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > jc whitney 12v pump

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-07-2003, 05:45 AM   #1
jason94
2009 WK 

jc whitney 12v pump

Has anyone on this forum ever bought the 12v hand held pump from JC Whitney. This is the one where you put the hose in the oil dipstick tube and withdrawal the oil. I hate the mess of changing the transmission fluid and was wondering about using this tool to empty pan before dropping to change filter. It costs $23. Thanks for any info.

jason94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2003, 12:35 AM   #2
ChrisinVA

I bought something similar from a parts store, but it is a manual pump. Let me tell you, that is the MESSIEST thing I have ever had to work with. Keep in mind, once you 'transfer' fluids, all that gunk is still in the hoses. Guess what...you now have a mess!

The hand pumps are even worse. The oil squirts out the pump and coats both you and the engine bay.

Trust me, crawling under your rig and dropping a bolt is much easier than toying with those pumps.
ChrisinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2003, 12:25 AM   #3
Speedtoy

Re: jc whitney 12v pump

Quote:
Originally posted by jason94
Has anyone on this forum ever bought the 12v hand held pump from JC Whitney. This is the one where you put the hose in the oil dipstick tube and withdrawal the oil. I hate the mess of changing the transmission fluid and was wondering about using this tool to empty pan before dropping to change filter. It costs $23. Thanks for any info.
Do the right thing.

Drop the pan, take it to a welder and weld in a damn drainplug.

Why did Jeep not do this???
Speedtoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.