Issue Need HELP!!! 97 Grand Cherokee No interior Power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Issue Need HELP!!! 97 Grand Cherokee No interior Power

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
chadtheman

Issue Need HELP!!! 97 Grand Cherokee No interior Power

OK here is my issue. I had a dead battery and then i jump the jeep. Battery is completely shot. When i try to restart its dead. So i will get a new battery. The issue i have is when its running i have no interior power. I am talking about NOTHING. I have no power to dash, windows, doors, the heads up display, Nothing. All i see is the ABS light is on and the radio does work but why dont i have any power to anything else. i did a quick look over the fuses and didnt find any blown. Does anybody know anything to help me with this? Im thinking it has to be something simply, i just dont know where to look. Has anybody else ran into this issue before?

Thanks

chadtheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
chadtheman

Anybody?
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
AaronButler
1996 ZJ 

battery could be in good shape, just a bad alternator. Most autoparts stores can test both elements for you for free... if you can make it to one, lol.
AaronButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Check all fuses!!! Did you correctly jump the battery or have any problems while jumping it?
ZJNewbi3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Does it have power when not running? Either way make sure all the connectors on the fuse block/power distribution center in the passenger side kick panel are plugged in and tight.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
chadtheman

i have no issues jumping it. While it is running i still have no interior power. I mean nothing. Nothing inside the jeep works. the headslight are bright. it has to be something that supplies all the power to the interior. I just dont know where to look. I checked all fuses and they all looked fine. Has anyone ran into this before?
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
chadtheman

Here is some more information i found. The interior fuse panel, has no power. What controls the whole interior fus panel. Is there one main fuse or something?
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Happened to me too. Blown interior fuse. Check the kickpanel fuse compartment. Mine was a yellow 15a if I remember right. It controlled all interior lights and my gauge cluster. I blew it like 4 times when I was trying to install my sound-system. For some reason it controls the radio too, apparently.

Good luck!
-Evan
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Ah, just read your last post. Sounds like the PDC might be bad, or a component of the PDC. PDC= Power Distribution Center. It's under the hood behind the battery, long rectangular plastic box. Could be a relay, just read the fuse positions on the underside of the lid and look for whichever fuse/relay controls the interior fuse compartment.

If it isn't an issue with the PDC it's most likely a cut wire(s). Trace all the wires back through the firewall and look for any breaks.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.