Iser's Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Iser's Build Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #106
SpikeDude

I've seen those before but not on a ZJ, looks bada**!

2005 Dodge SRT-4, aka "POS", build in progress...
SpikeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #107
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Sucks to hear about the roll, but you seem to know your **** enough to fix everything Good luck! Jeep looks awesome so keep it as it is!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM   #108
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Damn dude. Is that the corner on the road to the air assault towers?
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #109
iser
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreaZJ View Post
You need this...

looooooooooooooool. that is so bad a$$!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
Wheeling in uniform?

Good thing the MPs didn't pick you up.

Hunter
lol, the mps were there. they didn't care. they were busy taking pictures and laughing.

i didn't have enough warm clothes so decided to wear my uniform. the army seven layer system keeps you insanely warm even in alaska. if you put all seven layers on and conduct any physical activities, you may die of heat stroke in -20 degrees weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDude View Post
You are probably the only person I know to roll their vehicle, then pose with it, and be all cool afterwards. I was depressed for like 2 weeks when I rolled my car

By the way, I LOVE your Jeep, that's the exact size lift I want to do if I get another.
that's how i roll! pun intended, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
Sucks to hear about the roll, but you seem to know your **** enough to fix everything Good luck! Jeep looks awesome so keep it as it is!
lol, i actually don't know anything. changed my engine oil for the first time 3 months ago. i'm just gonna start hammering things out and see where it goes. this is my experimental vehicle where i do whatever the heck i want. once i get a nice niner once i move back down to lower 48, i'll start doing some real work on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaska View Post
Damn dude. Is that the corner on the road to the air assault towers?
it's the corner at the bottom of birch hill that turns to the parking lot. yea, i tipped it at the last turn on that hill, lol.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #110
LordBhael
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreaZJ View Post
You need this...

I wanted those for my TJ soooo bad!!!
Unread 10-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #111
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Without tracks...

Advantage = TRACKS!

Good thread with build info... HERE
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #112
Montaska
Mountains & Beer

2007 JK Wrangler 

Damn, that road is a bad one! Once I slid from the top to the bottom. When I was in a few years ago post regulation was that you could wear any winter uniform you wanted off-duty, as it helps to avoid cold weather injuries. Glad nobody got hurt!
Montaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #113
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

What a perfect time to do a transmission band adjustment. Lol The dents and scratches give it some character. Now you have a cool story to tell the chicks. Make sure you put some plastic over the cardboard. Dont use ducttape it never comes off or if it does it takes the paint.
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #114
SpikeDude

You could use some military grade 5-mile tape, the green stuff
2005 Dodge SRT-4, aka "POS", build in progress...
SpikeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #115
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iser View Post
SUN 28OCT2012 - ROLLOVER!

my a$$ end slid out. did 180 and fell into a ditch. i was thinking the ditch would just stop me, but did not think that i would rollover. well, didn't fully roll, but tipped on the side. hopefully it won't cost me more than $300-ish for the repair.

so, gonna start looking at junkyards for the trunk hatch and a window. actually, i have no idea how to pull a window. gonna have to start researching that.
looks like it took most of the hit to the upper rear corner there.

you'll never get the lift gate to seal right and the rear window will not seat and seal correctly without using a lot of black joe.

fyi, the roof is a double/triple wall structure and is nearly impossible to straighten or weld a new quarter to.

worst possible place for a dent that deep.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #116
iser
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
looks like it took most of the hit to the upper rear corner there.

you'll never get the lift gate to seal right and the rear window will not seat and seal correctly without using a lot of black joe.

fyi, the roof is a double/triple wall structure and is nearly impossible to straighten or weld a new quarter to.

worst possible place for a dent that deep.
uggh....that doesn't sound too encouraging at all. i'll take more pictures. i'm gonna need lots of advice and tips from you guys to get this done.

i don't care too much about cosmetics as long as it protects me from the environment (rain/snow/wind and such). i want the overall structure to be safe and the trunk to shut/open properly.

so i have a hi-lift jack. i'm thinking that i'm gonna somehow utilize that to straighten some part out. maybe bolt a chain some spots, secure it to a sturdy post and try to bend it back out with a hi-lift. however, the real question is, how much did i compromise the structural integrity? safety is important. cosmetics is not. hopefully you guys can answer it better when i take more pictures.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

- gen. george patton
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #117
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

I would use a torch and a bfh. Thats not something you can just pull out. Thats really not that bad on a wheeler. structural integrity should be fine but getting the hatch and window to seal will be a problem. Your gunna need some heat to soften the metal to get her back in shape. as said above your going to need alot of sealant on that window. But it looks like she could roll a few more times. You dont really need to worry until welds start coming apart. That wasnt really a roll more of a topple. Your lucky my first roll was down a hill. Kinna fun when it happens. Really sucks when you get out and look at her though. Like a fair ride that steals your wallet.... Its like the zipper only rolling your jeep is safer. Lol
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #118
iser
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinyj95 View Post
Kinna fun when it happens. Really sucks when you get out and look at her though. Like a fair ride that steals your wallet.
yea, it was fun. it was fun looking at her too. it's not fun 2 days later though and it's starting to hit me just how much money and time this is gonna cost me. especially since i was gonna get a remote starter installed with this paycheck. instead, i'll be using the money to get it back to a condition worse than before. arggggggg.

okay, i'll start looking into a torch. what is a bfh?

maybe i'll take it to a frame shop just to get it straightened out and repair everything else by myself. wonder how much that is gonna cost me. if it's around $500 i might take that route.

- gen. george patton
Unread 10-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #119
LordBhael
1998 ZJ 

BFH = Big F'ing Hammer.
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #120
iser
1997 ZJ 

THU 01NOV2012 - Body Repair

as most of you guys know, i tipped my jeep over last weekend. it caved the roof and one of the columns got bent. 99.9% of the people told me that i won't be able to repair it without putting significant amount of money in, and at that point, it's just cheaper buying a new vehicle.

well, there is a reason why i stopped listening to other people, especially when it comes to my jeep.

i used a hi-lift jack to straighten everything out. it is indeed is one of the most important tools for a jeeper. most things line up correctly. liftgate is still damaged too much, so i'm just gonna pull one from a junkyard. other than that, the body is nice good again. i'm glad it turned out to be a quick and easy repair.

- gen. george patton

Tags
33 , build , build thread , jeep , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.