Iser's Build Thread - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Iser's Build Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #181
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

Since you did so good on your flop damage maybe ill send my wife's up to you. Lol

image-61381032.jpg  
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #182
iser
1997 ZJ 

the weather is finally getting really nice in alaska. kinda in a financial bind right now, but as soon as i can afford to, i'm gonna work on swapping my front axle AGAIN (diff seized up which led to my t-case cracking). i'll make sure to make a full-blown tutorial thread for swapping an axle when i work on it.

found a guy on my post who has a lifted xj (he has a really nice build. as soon as i saw his xj, i knew he and i would have a loooooot to talk about). we hit it off well right away. we are gonna be exploring alaska together in the summer. so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldManTan View Post
Great build thread.
Read every page and enjoyed following along. Sorry for all the bad luck you have had. Even with the trail damage, still looks sweet
heh, thanks. i haven't worked on my jeep in the past 6 months or so since the alaskan winter hit. it should warm up significantly here in the next month or so. can't wait till i continue this thread. it's like looking at a baby photo album, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZJ9er View Post
Since you did so good on your flop damage maybe ill send my wife's up to you. Lol
dude, no ****, you can easily straighten that out with a hilift jack since it seems like it only has one spot that it got crushed. straightening out will be easy. but replacing the glass will be where you will have to fork over some money. i don't think you want to lexan the front windshield.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #183
BuzzZJ9er
1998 ZJ 

Ya probably try to get new glass in it this summer. Had thought about finding a zj with less rust and using hers as an organ donor as it has the 5.2 and freshly rebuilt trans.
BuzzZJ9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #184
iser
1997 ZJ 

hello jf! the dark long winter of alaska is gone and the beautiful summer is here now, and i am back to making love to my zj again! here are some updates:

1) next to my barracks, there is a service road that has been flooded. people don't realize how deep it is and drive through it, wanting to get a little dirty. well, let's just say that i pulled out 8x various vehicles in the past two weeks (including a full-sized van, lol). i saved the day for the many and every time, they can't stop rambling about how thankful they are and how awesome my jeep is.

2) man, my zj looks sexy covered in mud.

3) so my jeep has gone through some pretty terrible luck this winter and it was quite a struggle. but i persevered. it is in a good running condition. my front diff is still seized up so it's only in rwd. i really need to put in a new front axle so i can fully explore alaska this summer. i am on the lookout for HP30. and when i swap my axle, i will make sure i make a full blown tutorial thread.

4) my cv axle shaft broke AGAIN. this is my third cv in a year. i am done with cv; i will be using u-joint axles. i will probably swap it out tomorrow.

5) so i never got my wheels aligned after lifting it, putting the tires on and most importantly, stacking spacers. it drove like garbage for about two months or so. i guess everything settled and it just aligned itself. drives great now. lol. who said not to stack spacers? lies! vicious lies!

6) did i mention that my jeep looks sexy covered in mud? yes. yes i did.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

- gen. george patton
Unread 05-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #185
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Hey man. Glad to see ya back! Hope all goes well with the HP30 hunt.
Any pics of said sexy muddy zj?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #186
iser
1997 ZJ 

replaced the cv axle shaft with u-joint axle shaft

lol. look how completely shredded the cv-joint is. i don't even have balls in there anymore.

u-joint axle shaft in. hopefully, these will last me longer than cv. took me about 30 minutes total while bs-ing around with some friends that stopped by to check out what i'm doing. after i started working, 5-6 other guys crawled out of the barracks to work on their cars also. put some music on and we had a lot of fun helping each other with vehicles.

- gen. george patton
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #187
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Hey man, never saw any more updates this past summer on your jeep! I guess your heading back into the cold dark winter soon? Good luck to you, hope you and your jeep are doing well.

Tags
33 , build , build thread , jeep , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.