iron rock offroad 3.5'' lift for zj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > iron rock offroad 3.5'' lift for zj

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
brooks4930

iron rock offroad 3.5'' lift for zj

i want to get a 3.5'' lift for my zj and iro seems to be pretty cheap but they have 2 diffrent prices for their 3.5'' lifts but it looks like they both come with the same stuff can someone let me know witch is better

IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: ZJ 3.5" Foundation Series Kit

IRON ROCK OFF ROAD: ZJ 3.5" Lift Kit

brooks4930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
subliminal
1997 XJ Cherokee 

The top one doesnt come with a track bar conversion
Unread 02-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
brooks4930

im new to this so can you tell me why would i need a track bar conversion
brooks4930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
g2mike
1996 ZJ 

a trackbar is a 5th suspension arm that holds the axle from moving laterally (side to side). it goes from driverside of the jeep to passanger side of the axle in the front, and oposite in the back.

if you can visualize what happens when you lift your jeep 3.5 inches, you can see how the axle gets pulled a few inches to the driverside (in the front) if you dont adjust the trackbar.

the IRO trackbar conversion adds a longer adjustable track bar, and a new bracket and joint that is significantely stronger, and allows more rotation than the stock one.

in my opinion, i would still add a rear track bar on top of that kit too. and control arms as well
g2mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

The track bar conversion is awesome...I highly recomend it. I have one on mine, and it eliminated bumpsteer that I had. I think it's because the new mount drops the track bar down for a better angle that is more parallel to the axle, and that's what eliminates the bumpsteer.

You need to do something with your front track bar anyway at 3.5, and IMO the conversion is well worth the extra $$.

And you actually save money with the kit that comes with the track bar conversion...I paid 189 for mine. In the kit, it only works out to be $145.

And don't be fooled by the cheaper price of the first kit, that is in no way a complete kit. And with either kit you still need to do something with your rear track bar too.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
subliminal
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I just cut my rear trackbar in half and welded it back together with an extension

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.