IRO vs. Hard-KOR TracBar Conversions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO vs. Hard-KOR TracBar Conversions

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 09-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #16
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr hook View Post
I've done a LOT of lift kits for people, and now I refuse to install a kit without one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Rubicon-Expres.../dp/B006GJKA2M

and this to go with it:
http://www.amazon.com/Rubicon-Expres...xgy_auto_img_y

IMO, RE has the best Track Bars available. Just make sure that you order the RE1660, it has the nice "johnny joint" instead of a heim.
The RE may be better than most but still has issues. In particular, the bracket is too flexible:

Notice the lack of weld on the inside. By way of comparison, Clayton's bracket is fully welded.

Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #17
KyBoy1991
1998 ZJ 

So is the IRO bracket the same as this RE? Or does IRO fully weld their bracket? I'm not looking to end up with problems after spending money. If that's the case, I'll just add KOR bushings to the factory tracbar and hope for the best and get a steering box brace and control arms.

Also, does anyone know if I can use the KOR harden bushings in the IRO tracbar? Seems I'm seeing that the bushings in the IRO bar might be the weak point, so that could be an area of upgrade and I'd still be under the cost of the Clayton. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking Clayton's or KOR, but I'm not seeing what makes their product worth that much more than the IRO.

Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of what a "clevite bushing" truly is and what it's really going to do for me. But how big of a difference is it really going to make when I see so many folks run the IRO straight up without issues? Is it a $100 difference? That $100 goes a long way toward a good set of adjustable HD Lower control arms...

Now, that frame bracket and the lack of welding, that's a whole different animal to me. That's a big difference. Is that a $100 value? Probably not when I can add the welds myself once it shows up and i see they're missing, but it tells me the level of quality in the parts used and craftsmanship too. Not that the RE stuff is bad, but it could have been better.

BTW, thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated!! any and all is welcomed
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.