Iro & rough country issues!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Iro & rough country issues!!

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 03-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
WkndFun
1998 ZJ 

Iro & rough country issues!!

You ever run across that thread where people ask about certain companies and you'll always have that one person say nothing but bad things about them? I do, and I am always the one person who says to myself.. That could happen, but how often? It will never happen to me.. Well it has! I am still dealing with it and it's just rediculous! 1st off, I was deciding between IRO or RC for my lift kit. Finally decided to go with IRO after I called and called RC and could never get anyone to help. They finally said, email this person and he'll respond within 24 hours.. 28 days later... I had already talked with IRO on what I wanted. The girl said unless I was going to spend the $ on Bilstein, just go with Nitro's. She has the Doetsch Tech shocks, and they are a very stiff ride. That was it. So i ordered my kit. Got here.. AWESOME right?? WRONG. 1st thing.. Shocks were missing.. Then it all comes clear.. The hydro or nitro shocks are RC shocks.. I was already mad about that. I didn't want to represent them at all! Anyways.. They came a day later, since shipped from RC. NOW THE ISSUES KEEP COMING! I received 4 front shocks. At this point, I'm really upset because I had everything setup with friend helping, wife leaving me alone, tires getting put on, etc. So I had to wait the weekend and receive them today. Woke up and Walah! Shocks got here EARLY! Cool right?! WRONG AGAIN! I received YET ANOTHER 2 front shocks. At this point I'm furious. 6 front shocks, REALLY?! IRO can't explain.. Says RC sent the right ones out. I know whats on my Jeep! So here I am again.. Waiting on the right shocks.. Apparently since IRO doesn't have thier own shocks and has to use RC; RC changed part #'s and IRO was un-aware of this issue? Great communication with each other.

WkndFun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
WkndFun
1998 ZJ 

What's really sad, is all I want to do is just pack it all back up and send it back to them.. I know the issue isn't with "IRO," kind of... But I know that what I got in the lift $ amount and how much it comes with.. No one else can compete with it.. So I just have to suck it up and deal with this BS.
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
buick-lsx
1998 ZJ 

If you ever build anything it's part of it
buick-lsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
jeepkid945
1993 ZJ 

I just got my iro kit a couple days ago . I had ordered the nitros as well but they didnt send the rears.My jeep was already disassembled so I had no choice but to install. Talked to IRO on the phone and they already sent out my rears hopefully they arent fronts. Sucks driving to the store with no rear shocks.
jeepkid945 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
WkndFun
1998 ZJ 

This is my 1st Jeep im building. I've always had Mustangs. Built plenty and never had a single issue like this ever. RC doesn't care, and its reflecting on IRO...
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Send them back & buy your own shocks. How much are they charging you for the RC's? Better yet sale the 4 front shocks & fund two rear ones.
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

And the Doetsch Techs are supposed to be very decent from what people report on here.
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
WkndFun
1998 ZJ 

The RC's come with the kit. It's only 20$ to upgrade from Hydro to Nitro's. I told them if I get these tomorrow and they still aren't the right shocks(since I didn't have to sign for any of them,) that they will not be receiving any of them back and I will profit from this. I heard the Doetsch Tech's were decent as well. I was ready to upgrade to those, then I talked with 2 people who have them on, and said they should've just saved their $ and stuck with the Nitro or went big with Bilstein. The Doetsch Tech were just too stiff for them. I should've just went with my 1st intentions of getting the Doetsch, and I would'nt be on here complaining..
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

white body shocks all come from the same factory they just send them out with different stickers. now you know.

i'd bet you'd be hard pressed to find someone tell the difference between the DTs and RC nitros if you didn't tell them what was on the jeep............

send all shocks back and email Kolak on here and get bilsteins.

if you are this uppity about getting shipped the wrong parts, you'll hate the fact that your once plush ZJ now rides like a tank thanks to you cheaping out on RC white body shocks

which lift did you get? does it have control arms and track bars as well? might be a good idea to look at ordering parts like that as well. maybe lean on the company to give you a discount for screwing up so much.
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
WkndFun
1998 ZJ 

I got the benchmark lift kit with the new real coils. both trackbars. control arms are a "this summer" deal. These shocks are gray, but they all say Made In Mexico on them.. If I felt like spending $200-$300 more than I would be more than happy to go with the Bilsteins right now.. Getting this lift, my tires, rims, and 242 swapped in. Im maxed out right now. Im waiting on what shows up and then Im calling back with good or bad news again and what discount they are giving me. If none.. Look who will have 4 front shocks to sell.
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

hope it works out for you.

and good luck trying to sell the shocks lol. i have 4 in my garage i can't give away haha. i might just buy a ZJ and lift it to run half the parts i got
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #12
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

I love my DT's, and compared side by side to the other 'white body' shocks they're about 2x the size (not that size=better shock, but they're not the same). I wouldn't call them rock hard, but they're a firm ride, I like them 10x better than the bilsteins I had. Bilsteins offered no support to the ride, I had many people ask me if I had blown shocks when I put them on. And for slower rock crawling and such it seemed as if they were not there, my bumpstops and spine sure got a workout when I had them.

Plus IRO seems to have good customer service from my experience with them, unlike some vendors which took 3 months to warranty out my bilsteins...
Unread 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #13
abasta24
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WkndFun View Post
The RC's come with the kit. It's only 20$ to upgrade from Hydro to Nitro's. I told them if I get these tomorrow and they still aren't the right shocks(since I didn't have to sign for any of them,) that they will not be receiving any of them back and I will profit from this. I heard the Doetsch Tech's were decent as well. I was ready to upgrade to those, then I talked with 2 people who have them on, and said they should've just saved their $ and stuck with the Nitro or went big with Bilstein. The Doetsch Tech were just too stiff for them. I should've just went with my 1st intentions of getting the Doetsch, and I would'nt be on here complaining..
it all depends on what you have on your jeep like i have a v8 arb bumper and warn winch on the front and pro comp es9000 shocks all around. Well the front runs perfect not to soft not to stiff but the back is extremely stiff, so i bought a rear steel bumper spare tire and high lift jack to weigh it down like i said it all depends on the weight of your front and rear but just my two cents
Unread 03-06-2013, 05:29 AM   #14
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

This is why you always get all the parts in your hands well before you start turning the wrench.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
Erbo1Kanerbo
2008 JK Wrangler 

X2 and never plan on anything going right! It seems almost every time i do a project there is some problem that arises. Wait until you get all your parts, lay it all out and make sure you have all the bolts washers and nuts. Then you make plans to put it all on.

ZJ's: If you dont know what it is you cant afford it.
Erbo1Kanerbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.