IRO rear track bar drop bracket questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > IRO rear track bar drop bracket questions

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

IRO rear track bar drop bracket questions

So I'm planning on doing a 3.5 inch lift from iron rock probably just the foundation kit with a front adjustable track bar to center the front axle BUT I'm on a budget so I'm wondering about there rear drop bracket.

1. How it mounts. (it looks like it just bolts up)
2. Can i get away with this, just for a little, until i can get an adjustable rear?

(I will be looking in the classifieds here to see if i can find the adjustable bars here and not only save myself money. Also I'd rather not have to use a sort of rigged up method but the use of the bracket would only be temporary.)

Bracket: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ

Unread 10-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

You can use it for a bit. I wouldn't rely on it for wheeling or indefinitely. I have seen pics of them sheered and ripped off.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

i searched a little and saw ppl and mixed thoughts about them

id probably only use it for a month or two max though
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

the double sheer that comes with the benchmark is better than the adjustable in the front
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

The drop bracket is actually better than adjustable track bar from the perspective of maintaining factory roll center. Problem is that unless you weld them on and reinforce the nearby unibody structure then they fail.

On road, you can get away with the bolt-on bracket indefinitely. Off-road you need to weld it or go with adjustable track bar.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Sorta bringing this thread back after i just found it, but I'm looking at getting the 3.5 benchmark lift, and I thought I'd ask this, i plan to add the rear track bar:

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=ZSC

It says you can get it as an adjustable track bar so that if i lift more later i won't need to buy a new one, does this weaken its strength? Because I would guess that it would.

Thanks, if anyone see's this it may be to old.
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #7
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Adjustable track bars are fine as long as they are not Rusty's. Then they break apart and almost kill you. IRO is beefy and a solid product. You are going to need adj track bars front and rear to center your axles.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Cool, i knew i'd have to be getting them, just wasn't sure what type, also i've been searching around and i found an Old Man Emu lift, wondering if its as good as they're trying to make it out to be, or if its all just marketing....

http://www.rocky-road.com/zjtrailblazer.html
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

I welded on a track bar bracket to my 44a and used it for 2 wheeling trips and it held up fine. I would definitely weld it though.

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iron , relocation bracket , rock , track bar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.